Swimming with the stingrays - Eastern Caribbean

SuperDad

Several years ago I went on a Western Caribbean cruise and went swimming with the stingrays at Grand Camen. It was wonderful! We are going to the Eastern Caribbean this Thanksgiving and will be visiting Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. I've seen several stingray adventures but was wondering which trip was the best and are any similar to the grand camen trip? Any info will be greatly appreciated. :D

Several years ago I went on a Western Caribbean cruise and went swimming with the stingrays at Grand Camen. It was wonderful! We are going to the Eastern Caribbean this Thanksgiving and will be visiting Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. I've seen several stingray adventures but was wondering which trip was the best and are any similar to the grand camen trip? Any info will be greatly appreciated. :D

None of them will come close in comparison to Stingray City.

I have read that Gibbs Cay beach has stingrays that are wild that swim up to the shallow water by the beach as they, like the Cayman stingrays, are used to being fed by humans.

Carnival has this experience as an excursion from Grand Turk. We have seen the Cayman stingrays and will be seeing the Gibbs Cay stingrays in August. I really have no desire to see penned up stingrays, but I believe out of Nassau there is a place to see them. Blackbeard's island or something.

We completed the Grand Caymen Stingray sandbar last month and also fell in love with the experience. Grand Turk would be the closest although the tour is off the natural habitat beach rather than in the middle of the ocean. It was equally as pristine and just a tad easier for children and folks who are not strong swimmers.

enjoy and good luck!

Archived