Parasailing - Eastern Caribbean

SuperDad

We will be going to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk this Thanksgiving. My Teenage boys want to try parasailing. What places offer it and what experiences have you had with them?

We booked through Carnival's Excursion - I believe it was in St. Thomas, if I remember correctly. It was right at the port - no bus involved. And it was fantastic, but pricey for the 5 minutes you actually go to go up. You're boys will probably have a blast!

My wife and I did the Sunny Liston tour of St Thomas ($25 pp and was worth every penny), he ends at a beach of your choice (3 different beaches). We went to Saphire Beach where we had reserved a parasail. We had a blast but the day was pretty bad, a lot of wind w/storms kept blowing through. There were two other couples and us, they finally got us out on the boat, sent up the first couple, sent up the second couple (I have pics of the girl getting sick, it is a weird feeling going up), then it was our turn. They put us up for a while, it started to get rough so they brought us in to change parachutes, during that time, it got major rough so they couldn't get us up, we were up maybe 5-7 mins when they brought us in. We went back to the beach, no charge. Had a great time and was totally free, very nice operation. If I find the link (Sunny Liston sent it to me), I will foward it to you. You can also google for Sunny Liston and go to his website and check him out, he is a riot!!

The Sunny Liston tour was $25.00 per person (he will make sure you get back in time for the departure, no worries there), the parasailing I think was $80.00 per person, two can go up at a time but there is a weight limit (I think 250lbs each).

What do they typically charge?

We have booked parasailing in Grand Turk (for next month) at a cost of $69. From my experience, Carnival changes excursions listed as time goes by. When we booked our cruise in Sept 2009, there was a parasailing excursion in one of the Bahamas ports for $80. By the time Dec came and the trip was all paid off and we could book excursions, I couldn't find this excursion. I was disappointed - even though it is a lot of money for the few minutes you are up there, I wanted to try it and my teenage son is going with me. Then last month we discovered Carnival had parasailing listed as a "new excursion" for Grand Turk for less money.

Archived