Name that beach in St. John ... !!!!!!

beachchick24

Hi All,

Travelled to St John last year, and am visiting again on a cruise in just over a week SOO EXCITED !!! . I need help placing a name to this beach that we absolutely loved. If youre travelling away from Cruz Bay and go past Hawksnest, there is a small little beach right after Hawksnest (in the same bay, but doesnt have connecting beaches) that was pretty much empty . You can see Hawksnest to the left from this small beach.

Thanks !!

Hi-The north shore road tends to be hilly and there aren't sidewalks or any easy walking areas along the sides of the road. I can't remember if the section from Hawksnest to Gibney is hilly or not as far as walking. Checkout usvi on line dot com-you can post your question there-that might help you.

Beachchick... The next beach over from Hawksnest (in the same bay) is Gibney. While it looks like a short distance (as the pelican flies) when you're sitting on the beach, its not a very short walk if you walk along the road. And as Grape Farmer noted, its a very hilly and narrow road. On top of that, they started a 1 year project this Fall to repave that road, so sections are being narrowed from (barely) two lanes to one!

We've swum around the rocks that separate the two beaches, and its not a hard or long swim. And its a pretty sheltered bay, so there aren't usually heavy currents or swells. My recommendation would be to have a taxi drop you off at Hawksnestand and swim over to Gibney for a while if you want to visit there. As you said, its usually much quieter, and its a great little beach.

Have a great time!!

Archived