Mexican Riviera Sailing

I was looking for some insight into the Vision of Seas and Mexican Riviera cruise. I am planning a May 2005 cruise. How about shore excursions? I have sailed all Voyager Class and a few Radiance Class ships but never the Vision Class. Thank you for your feedback. MASSIMO

It was my first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to. I thought that the ship and staff were wonderful. I was never bored - there was always something going on. We did the sea kayaking in Cabo, which was great! You really do have to be fit, though, as the paddling was quite strenuous on the way to Lover's Beach.

In Mazatlan, we did Randi's Happy Horses. This was the least favourite of our excursions; we were both not feeling well from too much tequila in Cabo ;), and Randi had about 25-30 people on the ride (much more than normal). It ended up we waited 2 hours for our lunch at Victor's after the ride, as there were more people than the restaurant could comfortably handle. We would have rather have spent some of that time exploring Mazatlan itself; there wasn't enough time to do that when we got back to the ship.

In PV, we did the Jungle Canopy Tour, which I would also highly recommend. The most dangerous part of it was the drive there and back in an open truck! The guides were great, and it was quite the experience.

I hope you have a great cruise - I would go again in an instant!

Haven't been to Cabo or Matazlan, but I spent a week in PV and loved it! We took a half day excursion to Las Caletas. John Houston the director used to have a house there. You can snorkle, kayak, hike and they provide a wonderful lunch on the beach complete with a woman making totillas from scratch. I know they offer excursion for cruises because we made sure not to book on a cruise day fearing too many crowds. They do offer a full day trip also. The staff was great, they entertained us on the way there by imitating the band Santana. I can dig up the name of the company if you're interested. There are also some jungle restaurants in PV that look pretty neat and you can swim with dolphins--though don't know where.

Archived