Is Rum Punch gluten-free? Are any other frozen drinks safe?

Jenbirds

Does anyone know if the famous "rum punch" is gluten-free? Are there any frozen drinks that are gluten-free?

I believe Bailey's is NOT gluten-free, so that squashes my hopes of a great frozen drink I enjoyed in '04 (Bailey's, bananas, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, ice).

Any gluten-free input is greatly appreciated!

Jennifer

Adventure of the Seas '04

Adventure of the Seas' 10

Does anyone know if the famous "rum punch" is gluten-free? Are there any frozen drinks that are gluten-free?

I believe Bailey's is NOT gluten-free, so that squashes my hopes of a great frozen drink I enjoyed in '04 (Bailey's, bananas, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, ice).

Any gluten-free input is greatly appreciated!

Jennifer

Adventure of the Seas '04

Adventure of the Seas' 10

Jennifer, most rum punches are made of several different types of rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, orange juice, grenadine. While rum is usually gluten free,you'll need to check to see if flavored rums are used that have any additives or dyes. But if the rum punch is made traditionally, you shouldn't have an issue.

• 2 months later...

Bailey's is gluten free.

http://www.glutenfreedrinks.com/AlcoholBeverages_Baileys.htm

Baileys Irish Cream

After retracting the initial response I received from Baileys corporate, here is the final word I received on Baileys (much to the joy of my recipe list).

March 23, 2006

Dear Mr. Mike M,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding glutens in beverage alcohol products, specifically Baileys.

In regards to your e-mail, please be advised that we have received an update from our labs that have just now confirmed that Baileys is actually Gluten Free. We don't have any details of the process and recipe available to the public due to the standard confidentiality of all brands for their recipes, however we can now guarantee this product to be gluten free. Of course, as this relates to a medical condition, may we suggest that you consult your own physician concerning the consumption of beverage alcohol products.

Once again, thank you for contacting us, and we hope the information provided has been helpful.

Sincerely,

Brian H.

Baileys

Consumer Representative

Bailey's, served chilled and enjoy responsibly

• 1 month later...

I have cruised Carnival 4 times g/f and my favorite drink is the funship special, which is pretty close to rum punch. Personally I never had a reaction. Glad to hear that Bailey's is g/f there was a time that it wasn't. =o)

Archived