Cabo - what to do?

The water taxi drivers will be all along the marina begging you to take a ride. A 30 minute tour of the area should be about $10/pp. Make sure to agree on the price before you get in the boat.

Would you recommend this to someone who has never seen the arches? Any advice?

Thanks

I've centered the tender pier on the map link I've provided. You can zoom and drag this map to your hearts content. The more you zoom on the town, the more information pops up. The tender pier looks like an upside down "L"

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8804652&lon=-109.9086964&z=17&l=0&m=b

Holy Helpful, Batman!

Thanks for this map! This is going to really come in handy!

we cruise this past summer and in Cabo we ended up on a glass bottom water taxi (our 4 and 8 yr old loved that) with a few other cruise passengers. He took us out to see the rock formations and sea lions... dropped a few people off at Lover's beach. then took us and a few others to Medano Beach. We jumped off with our kids and got a table at The Office. Ordered a few drinks and chips n guac, kids enjoyed the beach out front. We rented a couple of jet skis and took the kids out... they were totally fine with us leaving our bags and towels at the table. When we got back we ordered some food... it was yummy (my kids enjoyed it too). Then it was time for our water taxi to return. He came back, we jumped back in... back to the marina... we got a couple of things in the little market (little guy had to have a green guitar) and back on the tender to the ship we went! Cabo was a great day.

Do you recall how much it was to rent jet skis.

I love the aerial map - thank you! Could someone please tell me where on the map the Hard Rock Cafe is? Or the Nowhere Bar? We need to rush from our tender to the Ocean Riders booth for our 8AM tour, and it is right near those places. Help, please?

Thanks!! Rebecca

Hard Rock Cafe is right on the main drag just after you exit the marina walk.

The NoWhere bar is before that. Instead of exiting the marina walk and heading into town, make one last right hand turn (along the water). It's about halfway down that walkway (on your left) (water and boats to your right).

Can't really recommend the NoWhere bar however. To many stories on the Cabo forum board at TripAdvisor regarding bill padding. A better option would be "Rips" out in front of Cabo Wabo.

This map shows No Where Bar centered, Hard Rock Cafe (just a little up and to the left). "Rips" and Cabo Wabo are at the bottom of the page slightly to the left. Taco Loco next door is not bad for cheap eats. Both are outdoors in a small plaza area.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8857583&lon=-109.911046&z=18&l=0&m=b

Got it - Thanks! It's a little farther of a walk than I hoped, but we'll try to get an early tender to make it there by 8:00. If there are taxi's hanging around, maybe that would be faster. At least I know where we're going now. Thanks, again!!

Rebecca

Any suggestions to getting in Finesterra? Is it better to walk in or by taxi? Do you walk straight in and go to the pool area? I am traveling with a 1 yr old and don't really want to be tramping around and be told no. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
SDPardreFan:

Your map from a previous post partly solved my mystery. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.880...4&z=17&l=0&m=b It looks like the beach I am thinking of is Cannery Beach. As you come off of the tender dock, you go left, not right (towards town). Obviously no services there, and the pop out says its a local beach, but i wonder if anyone's been there.

Hey there,

When we arrived in Cabo, we negotiated a trip to Lover's Beach. This was our first trip there, so when the boat driver asked when he should come pick us up, we told him in 2 hours. This was a mistake; we could easily have spent many hours at Lover's Beach. Regardless, he arrived to take us back. We had noticed a small beach to the left just before you enter the inner harbour in Cabo. So we asked the boat driver about it. He said it was were the locals go, and that is was safe. So we had him drop us there. It was really quite nice. Hardly anyone there, and no beach vendors. There are no services there either although we didn't care. We just wanted to get back in the water and swim in that crystal clear water. There were a few locals there, and a few people off the ship as well. We felt very safe even with our two young children. We swam for a while and then walked back to the tender dock - about a 10 minute walk. You just follow the road and take the first right, it takes you down to the marina walkway (red pavers in satellite photo). The kids enjoyed the walk back to the tender dock because all the boats were coming in with their catch, so there were a lot of really nice marlin being weighed in. Yes, it is just past the military base which is on the water side of the road.

To find this beach - when you look at Google Maps, look to the right of the tender dock to the road that ends in a roundabout. It's the beach to the right and it extends around the corner. Hearing you call it the Cannery Beach makes sense because there's an old "industrial looking" building there that is more or less in ruins from not being used - guess it used to be a cannery. We'll go back there again in the future without question.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!

Concur with VictoriaRealator. Cannery beach was an easy walk around the corner and a nice beach. Don't be worried about the connotation of "military base." It's small and walled off and the side walk all the way to the beach is paved. Not unpleasant at all.

The beach has thatch umbrellas (nice touch). When we were there in late January, there were PortaPotties and a bar, but the latter looked like it was only open in the evening (but we only stayed here until noon).

And you can climb on the rocks around the corner in the direction of lover beach if you are brave. Also saw some poeple doing some snorkelling, but I don't know how good it is.

Another upside is that you are not harrassed by people selling stuff. Downside is that, because its a locals beach, you do have to be careful of broken glass here and there, but for the most part we found it surprisingly clean.

Archived