MSC Poesia - how many European and Americans on board??

viwami

Hi,

Can anyone who was on Poesia, this Caribbean season approximately tell how many European and Americans was on board?

We did sail Costa Fortuna back in 2008, that was the first Caribbean trip that year after transatlantic from Italy so on board was about 90% Europeans, mostly Italians.

This year, April 3rd we are cruising MSC Poesia, Caribbean also, little exited but with many bad reviews in minds…

Can not wait to share my experience with you, and compare Poesia vs. Costa Fortuna.

Thanx

I guess about 50 % non-americans. Many RUDE French on board.

Awful food-nasty staff. Even the pizza was blah! The kids dinner

pizza was microwaved and was hard.

The "Lobster Dinner" was 1/2 of a 1 lb lobster without claws that

was chewy and full of garlic butter.

Breakfast the same for 7 days.

Deserts boring and the same as well.

Spa overpriced and difficult to communicate with staff. They

push massages.

Kids club was good one day and full of activities but the next day was boring and kids not allowed to go outside to play area-told to sit and color.

The Nassau excersions were awful.

All excursions over priced.

Cabins are the smallest I have ever seen.

Pick another line!!!! We were on the Poesia.

Good part-ice cream machine.

I guess about 50 % non-americans. Many RUDE French on board.

Awful food-nasty staff. Even the pizza was blah! The kids dinner

pizza was microwaved and was hard.

Breakfast the same for 7 days.

Deserts boring and the same as well.

Spa overpriced and difficult to communicate with staff. They

push massages.

Kids club was good one day and full of activities but the next day was boring and kids not allowed to go outside to play area-told to sit and color.

The Nassau excersions were awful.

All excursions over priced.

Cabins are the smallest I have ever seen.

Pick another line!!!! We were on the Poesia.

Good part-ice cream machine.

I was not on this Ship, but have read almost all the reviews on this ship, as I am sailing next month, I find it fascinating how different your reviews are.

No I am not an MSC cheerleader, and have only cruised once with MSC, but it seems to me, and I may be wrong, that people who have posted more positive reviews of this ship have been exposed to a variety of other cruiselines and yet praised its cleanlines, food quality (not all, granted) your reviews seem 100% negative, and I do respect your point of view, not insinuating that you are misrepresenting your opinions.

For example: The pizza on this line has won, some trivial cruise award, but still won, you mention it was "blah"

Lobster is usually served with garlic butter

I compared the cabin sizes with american lines (just because I have a new found passion for cruising and becoming a junkie) and they are the same, what are you comparing them to?

You mentioned on another post that you have taken I believe 10 cruises, yet no other reviews are found on your tab, Which other cruiselines?

Not trying to trash you, just trying to understand the large discreptancies from one review to another....

MSC=FAMILY, Glad for your well placed replies, I too would like to see more balanced reviews, can hardly believe that everything on anyones cruise is horrible.....

Is the MSC price dirt cheap compared to other lines?

Is there such a variance in quality/expectations?

Loking for honest reviews as we contempate a late fal cruise, open to suggestions.family cruise.

thanx

To be fair, this was clearly advertised as a "lobster tail" on the menu. I don't know where you came to expect a full lobster with claws??? Not to say the lobster was great, but don't criticize when what was advertised was brought to your table.

on the 1/9-1/16 trip i would say it was 70% american 30% european,unfortunalety a good number of the americans were grouchy old retirees that complained about everything.have a blast. we did:cool:

I am also sailing on April 3rd.

I am excited and welcome the break. I have been visiting CC since I sailed NCL to AK. Note that I experienced the same for each cruise I've taken...MIXED REVIEWS!!!

Whether it is politics or cruising...:p... I approach everything with objectivity. I have thoroughly enjoyed every cruise I've sailed and expect the same on Poesia. I will come back and post my experience.

Whether it is politics or cruising...:p... I approach everything with objectivity. I have thoroughly enjoyed every cruise I've sailed and expect the same on Poesia. I will come back and post my experience.

Great attitude in life! I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise on the Poesia as well.

Archived