Distance from pier to Malibu Beach

CRUZERWANNABE

Carol, we did the Malibu Beach excursion 2 years ago and loved it! We did book it thru the cruiseline though and it was pretty cheap. Malibu is not far from port and the beach is very nice clean and uncrowded. They have a lovely gift shup where you can buy their lime rum which is not available in the states. Sory I cant give you a price on the taxi, ours was included. Oh, we are booking this again for our 1/22/05 Legend cruise!

We went to Malibu Beach after an island tour in November. Were not impressed. Wanted to have lunch there and we waited for at least 45 minutes for burgers and fries for the 4 of us and they were not even busy. Beach was ok but changing rooms were kind of dirty. From what I've read of the Boatyard I think I would try that before I went back to Malibu. Did NOT take the factory tour so if that is a factor then this may be for you, but don't think we will be back any time soon.

If you do opt for an isalnd tour be sure to see bathsheba as well as Cherry Tree Hill.

We were there just last Wednesday. Cab fare from cruise terminal to Malibu Beach was $3.00 per person. Entrance to the beach was $5.00 per person for admission and chair, or $10.00 for admission, chair, 1 drink and tour of rum factory. Factory tour was a joke - don't bother. We had originally planned to go the the Boatyard, but our dining room waiter highly recommended Malibu, so we went there instead. I wished we had stayed with our original plan.

Malibu beach is small, and the factory right there kinda ruins the ambience. Smoke billowing out of smokestack, and strong smell of rum when the wind blows in your direction. (Maybe some would actually enjoy that!!) The beach chairs were not clean - and had mold on a lot of them. It was very crowded, but there were 3 large ships in port that day - Serenade, Destiny, and one of the largest Princess ships, - Golden, I think. Floating mats were reasonable to rent, $5.00 each.

The Boatyard is in the opposite direction from the cruise terminal, but probably about the same distance away. The people we spoke to later who had gone there really enjoyed it. Next time!!

Archived