Boarding Times on NCL Spirit

star7228

Hi all,

We are sailing on the Spirit, leaving Apr. 1 and returning on the 10th. I notice that the ship sets sail at 7pm, I believe, and I was wondering if anyone knows what time passengers are allowed to board the ship. When my husband and I took the Star around Hawaii, we were able to get on the ship around 2pm even though it didn't sail until 8pm.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback, as this will help me plan my flight times and all. I love being able to get on the ship as early as possible!! Thanks much!

Star - We are doing the same cruise two weeks later and plan on getting to the port around 12:30. I've read that others were able to get on the ship around this time. The cruise before gets in at 7:00 am so boarding by noon or 1:00 shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all your help, I do love the quick responses on cruise critic. :) How about disembarkation? We are trying to plan our return flight from Miami on April 10th, and I believe the ship gets into Miami at 12 noon, but didn't know how long it will reasonably take to get off the ship and to the airport. Any feedback is much appreciated. :)

We had trouble getting return air on April 10 as the Ship gets in rather late. We can't return to Seattle until Tuesday that week. Prior cruises we were always told to not book flights before 1 P but we always were off by 10, although those ships docked around 7-8 A. Alot has to do with the ship clearing. NCL will announce toward the beggining of the cruise that they need to know flight times so they can issue debarkation tags. In the past they used colors. People with early flights get off the ship with the first group and so on. I am guessing they will do the same this time too. As for April 1st, I will be on the dock at Noon.

Star- As far as disembarkation is concerned, the reviews I read all said that the earliest off the ship has been 1:30-2:30 assuming that all goes smoothly and you get into port by 12:00 and customs clears the ship quickly. I would play it safe and book a little bit later flight like 4:00. The best flight I could find for us is 6:00pm, which means we will take our time getting off the ship and not rush. Brunch is also served onboard, so I figured we would relax, have brunch and then leisurely leave the ship.

Archived