change of cruise - fees?

We need to change our upcoming cruise as my employer stuffed up my long service leave dates and I can't change them, i can only cancel them - we have to apply for them the year before and I didn't get the finalised dates until yesterday and they are wrong.

Looking at the P&O conditions, it states that any changes less than 120 days mean loss of deposit.

Has anyone experienced this when they have needed to change a cruise? i have emailed the T/A to see what she can do - but I have a sick feeling in my stomach over this.

We are now looking at 4th June 2011 as I can't take any more leave (as it gets "locked in") until 2011.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Looking at the terms & conditions I would have to agree with your interpretation.

However, I don't believe this is set in stone, and each case would be judged on its merits.

I have a mate who could not go on the Pacific Dawn Christmas Cruise in '07 for medical reasons.

He was only able to give 6 weeks notice of the situation.

P&O looked at his circumstances and were happy to rebook him at no extra charge for the following year's Christmas cruise. [he even got the same balcony cabin ;)]

Its worth a try on your part.

Looking at you signature I see you are a regular P&O traveller. I would make sure that your travel agent makes P&O very aware of that fact.

Good luck - I hope it works out for you. :)

We need to change our upcoming cruise as my employer stuffed up my long service leave dates and I can't change them, i can only cancel them - we have to apply for them the year before and I didn't get the finalised dates until yesterday and they are wrong.

Looking at the P&O conditions, it states that any changes less than 120 days mean loss of deposit.

Has anyone experienced this when they have needed to change a cruise? i have emailed the T/A to see what she can do - but I have a sick feeling in my stomach over this.

We are now looking at 4th June 2011 as I can't take any more leave (as it gets "locked in") until 2011.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Are you still worried about getting a spot for the kids in the kids Club or has that not an issue anymore?

Ian

Wow, what bad luck! I know when we had to cancel our cruise last year P&O were very sympathetic, but inflexible when it came to transferring our fare. Admittedly, it was 14 days before the cruise, so they can't be blamed for that. Thankfully our insurance covered all costs. Hopefully yours will do the same, but I know many policies don't pay up in the event that your employer cancels your leave! I can't believe that your employer stuffed up your leave, and won't fix it for you! That's incredibly insensitive, especially if you end up out of pocket! :eek:

I really hope P&O can sort it out for you! If not, you should try reasoning with your employer, and explain that due to their mistake you will be out of pocket, not to mention out of a holiday this year! Maybe they can review their policy and make an exception for you.

Good luck! Let us know how you go.

If you have no luck with P&O changing your cruise, then I would opt to "be sick" and take sick leave for the duration of your holiday as it was your employer that caused this stuff up. Bugger them!! :(

I agree wholeheartedly, this is so unfair. Good luck sweet successes, I hope it works out OK for you.

Well upshot is - we will lose $800 deposit and T/A will "keep" $200 but give it back if we rebook by 30th June. Travel insurance won't cover it due to the fact I still have leave even though the leave starts the day before we get back!!!!!

Hubby is saying stuff it - cancel the whole lot and we will go to asia - i really want to do another and am trying to convince him to rebook for next june - my 40th. At least it will be paid for!!!

If you have no luck with P&O changing your cruise, then I would opt to "be sick" and take sick leave for the duration of your holiday as it was your employer that caused this stuff up. Bugger them!! :(

Been there, done that, worked out great.

Archived