Xpedition Room Question

Hawk7

I am booking a cruise on the Xpedition in two years. Just about all the 400 series premium cabins are available. I opted for #420 which is the most forward starboard, but someone said I may encounter unpleasant anchor noise each morning. Does anyone with experience with this ship have a specific preference in the 400 series and why?? Thanks!

I am booking a cruise on the Xpedition in two years. Just about all the 400 series premium cabins are available. I opted for #420 which is the most forward starboard, but someone said I may encounter unpleasant anchor noise each morning. Does anyone with experience with this ship have a specific preference in the 400 series and why?? Thanks!

Yes, it is true about the anchor noise. We were in the first cabin on the left -- I think it was 401. This was very convenient. I think any are just fine but do stay away from those that are way forward.

Thanks sheeng,

In 401 did you experience any noise or other negatives being closest to the common areas? I was looking at 401 or 402 also.

No -- no problems at all. Most people went to bed after dinner. Remember there is no live music or show. I can't remember exactly but think it was after 8:00 when dinner was served. I believe it was 7:00 when we all met for cocktails and briefings on the activities for the following day.

You are welcome! Enjoy your trip!

You will encounter anchor noise in #420 and you will find it to be loud. The crew are so caring however that they will only drop anchor just before breakfast even if they arrive on station early so it will not wake you up. Bear in mind that life is much more rhythmic on the Xpedition than conventional cruise ships. You are going to love it!

We were in 306, but we could have been anywhere on the ship. You *will* hear the anchor chain being let out whatever cabin you have. It's loud--really loud. Remember, it's a small ship. But it doesn't matter much.

You'll be up first thing in the morning and in bed at night at a time you haven't seen since 3d grade. This is an active group--the usual cruise rules do not apply. Instead of a massage in the spa, you'll be checking out the SPF of your sunscreen. Instead of Vegas style entertainment, you'll be getting power point presentations of animals and rock formations. Instead of a midnight buffet, it's food as fuel (but still pretty good) at set times for the next day's outings.

And it's one of the best vacations in the world.

M/R

Archived