Oasis: Never say never but...

bmweezer

I jumped at the chance to see Voyager of the Seas when it arrived. Ditto for Freedom of the Seas, which I cruised on in week three of its inaugural season (paying the higher fares to do so). Although I won't say that I will never voyage on the Genesis class, something tells me that RC has gone perhaps too far with this one.

To clarify: I think that the ship looks wonderful and all of that. However, perhaps it has gotten to the point that what Royal Caribbean is offering is Las Vegas at sea, at worst or at least something that feels like New York City, at best. (And by the way I love both cities).

However, cruising used to be about seeing the ocean and relaxation. It looks to me like Oasis and its coming sister, Allure are ships that require a vacation after the vacation to relax.

Perhaps just my opinion.

I'm a Radiance Class Fan! Just sailed on Radiance in November, sailing on Century next month, Majesty in October (nostalgic reasons, my first and still go on her at least once a year) and Serenade in November. Been on Voyager, Navigator (3 times), Adventure and Explorer. Eh?... Not done Freedom class yet and still don't feel like I'm missing out. 90,000 g/tons perfect for me. :cool:

I jumped at the chance to see Voyager of the Seas when it arrived. Ditto for Freedom of the Seas, which I cruised on in week three of its inaugural season (paying the higher fares to do so). Although I won't say that I will never voyage on the Genesis class, something tells me that RC has gone perhaps too far with this one.

To clarify: I think that the ship looks wonderful and all of that. However, perhaps it has gotten to the point that what Royal Caribbean is offering is Las Vegas at sea, at worst or at least something that feels like New York City, at best. (And by the way I love both cities).

However, cruising used to be about seeing the ocean and relaxation. It looks to me like Oasis and its coming sister, Allure are ships that require a vacation after the vacation to relax.

Perhaps just my opinion.

You may be entirely right. The ship looks like it requires a lot of energy and one may be completely exhausted after a sail on her. That being said, I fully intend to take a voyage with her just for the experience of it all. I think I might be a kid in a candy store (literally, she has a candy store and cupcake shop, to boot!)LOL

We have friends booked on Oasis in March. My cousin did a one nighter on her last year. I'm not so sure I want to spend my week with 5000+ people. You never know, I just might. I'll wait for the one week verdict on her.

For now, after Voyager class, Majesty and Grandeur I am hooked on Radiance class. I'll take Serenade, Radiance and Jewel hands down!

It's tiring enough getting off these class of ships and yes, you do need a vacation from the vacation. i think Oasis for a week would really be putting me over the edge! But I will wait to hear from my friends after their week on Oasis.

After 36 cruises, i can say I am more excited for the Oasis than any other ship I have been on. If it is Vegas at sea... who care. Vegas is great. The experience looks incredible... you will not know unless you try.

Archived