Coffee on voyager class

My wife is a coffeeholic and pretty picky about what she'll drink. On our last Princess cruise she heard that the coffee was made from syrup (except for the purchased coffees) so she brought a bodum and ground beans to make her own. What I'd like to know is:

1. I read in another thread that there is now a charge for Seattles Best coffee (the regular American coffee as well as the specialty) in the Royal Promenade. Is this true?

2. Is the coffee in the MDR, Windjammers and room service different from the coffee on the Royal Promenade?

Last time we were on AOS (a couple of years ago) the coffee was free everywhere but I'm pretty sure my wife said it was better coffee on the promenade. Thanks for input anyone can provide.

My experience on AOS was a year ago, but the coffee in the MDR, WJ and room service were all pretty bad. I also heard it was made from syrup. The regular (free) coffee at the Promenade cafe was slightly better, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it good. I could manage to drink it by doctoring it up plenty. I'm pretty picky about coffee too - but can't live without it!

My wife is a coffeeholic and pretty picky about what she'll drink. On our last Princess cruise she heard that the coffee was made from syrup (except for the purchased coffees) so she brought a bodum and ground beans to make her own. What I'd like to know is:

1. I read in another thread that there is now a charge for Seattles Best coffee (the regular American coffee as well as the specialty) in the Royal Promenade. Is this true?

2. Is the coffee in the MDR, Windjammers and room service different from the coffee on the Royal Promenade?

Last time we were on AOS (a couple of years ago) the coffee was free everywhere but I'm pretty sure my wife said it was better coffee on the promenade. Thanks for input anyone can provide.

Just off VOS.

1. No charge for coffee IN the Promenade Cafe. There is a charge for speciality coffee at the entrance to the Promenade Cafe.

2. The signs say Seattle's Best in the Windjammer & Promenade Cafe, but coffee tastes better in the cafe.

Been on Princess......horrible coffee.

Archived