Does Carnival have plans to celebrate the super bowl?

1of5G

I will be on the Freedom on Feb.7, Super Bowl Sunday. Does anyone know if they will be showing the game on the big screen by the pool? Will they have anything special planned? Thanks in advance.

I was on the Freedom last S'bowl and it was a blast. The game was on every public tv as well as the big screen on the Lido. Party on the Lido and in the bars, Formal night in the dining hall. Have a blast. I'm doing the Destiny (in all her tribulations) for this Superbowl. Party time!!

dk

It is likely that any and every possible screen on the ship--large showlounge included, will be showing the football game as well as Sesside theater.

They may postpone the muster drill to the following moring at 10am depending on when the game starts if the sailing date is on Sunday. They did it for the Superbowl when I was on the Conquest in 2008. If the sailing date is Saturday then they may alter the activities for Sunday and move the large theater show to the next night....Each ship is different, so you will find out when you get on board.

I will be on the Freedom on Feb.7, Super Bowl Sunday. Does anyone know if they will be showing the game on the big screen by the pool? Will they have anything special planned? Thanks in advance.

Generally, when they show sporting events at the Seaside Theater, they do so without audio. This way, they don't disturb the poolside entertainment.

But, that's for daytime games. For the SB, in the evening, maybe they would show it with audio? Maybe someone who has cruised during the Super Bowl in the past will chime in!

I was on the Freedom last S'bowl and it was a blast. The game was on every public tv as well as the big screen on the Lido. Party on the Lido and in the bars, Formal night in the dining hall.

Ditto for the Destiny last year. They also had the game on in the Palladium, which is where most fans congregated. They had drink/t-shirt specials all afternoon and had some small giveaways. It was definitely a party atmosphere. (The Holmes touchdown will always be a memory from the trip, thanks to that.)

Have fun and enjoy the game!

The party on the Fantasy will be huge. Also with it being the last seaday, the liquor shop will be open. I was on the Fantasy for the Saints vs Bears playoff in 2006. There were bottles of Crown Royal being passed around that folks had bought and shared. People were going to the pizzaria and getting whole pizzas and bringing back to the forward lounge.

Folks were saving seats at 8am for the 2pm kickoff. The staff said they have never heard that much noise out of the lounge when the Saints scored the first touchdown. Of course we all know it went down hill from there.

I am so glad that they are finally able to make it to the big game for the first time. New Orleans is going to be rocking for those who are not able to make the trip to Miami.

Dave

Thanks for all the input. I hope the Freedom has all these things. We leave on the 7th (Super bowl Sunday) out of Fort Lauderdale. All the guys in our group will be getting good seats I'm sure!

We'll be leaving Tampa on the Legend that day, as well. Glad to know that we will have no chance of missing the game! On the other hand, we will be missing dinner in the MDR, as I want to be up top to watch the ship go under the bridge!

Archived