Transfer from Dover to London (St. Pancras)

dwillyrice

Hello folks, my wife and I will be porting in Dover England and need to get to our hotel in London's St. Pancras area on the day of disembarkation. We'ver researched a few options and frankly find all options somewhat confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting from the Dover Cruise Terminal to the St. Pancras area of London (with four pieces of luggage)? Thanks for any help you can provide.

PS. we're also taking the train to Paris and need suggestions for getting from the Paris train station to the Latin Quarter of Paris. Thanks again for any guidance you veteran travelers can provide :)

Welcome to Cruise Critics!

I would check out the British Isle Boards. Here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

We transferred from London to Dover by train. It required a taxi on both ends.

We transferred from Dover to our hotel by taxi. The company was called something like Independent Taxis of Dover or Independent Drivers of Dover. They charged significantly less than the London Limo companies, but of course more expensive than the train. We were able to find another couple from our roll call to share the cost. We were dropped off at our hotel and they continued on to be dropped off at a train station that took them to another part of England. I posted the contact information on these boards but it was something like 2004 so I am not sure it would still be there and the boards have been reorganized since then.

You can find roll calls for your specific cruise on the Roll Call Boards and you will find people to share tours with.

I would suggest keeping your luggage to one larger piece of luggage (28") and a carry on each. We did this for our trip to England/Baltic cruise and we have done it on every cruise since. It makes those transfers so much easier.

Hello folks, my wife and I will be porting in Dover England and need to get to our hotel in London's St. Pancras area on the day of disembarkation. We'ver researched a few options and frankly find all options somewhat confusing. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting from the Dover Cruise Terminal to the St. Pancras area of London (with four pieces of luggage)? Thanks for any help you can provide.

PS. we're also taking the train to Paris and need suggestions for getting from the Paris train station to the Latin Quarter of Paris. Thanks again for any guidance you veteran travelers can provide :)

As EGGs reply, if you take a car, use Dover Taxis - much cheaper than the London outfits.

Or train from Dover (short taxi or shuttle ride from cruise terminal) to London (Charing Cross or Victoria stations), then since you have luggage take a London cab rather than tube or bus to your hotel.

Your hotel is well-located for the Eurostar to Paris. The station in Paris (Gare du Nord), like its London counterpart, is close to the centre, so since you have luggage a cab would again be your best bet.

John Bull

Archived