Taking multiple trips on the same ship question

katboferguson

If you take a look at my signature, you'll see we have done the same cruise 4 times in a row and we are booked for a 5th. Twice we were on the Crown and Twice we were on the Caribbean Princess. They are also almost identical. We were also on the Grand twice which is also very similar. We love the ship and feel very comfortable and at home on it. We also love the itinerary (Bermuda, San Juan,PR, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk). We find something new to do on these islands or we do something we have enjoyed in the past. I reason that after 7 times of this cruise it will be like spending a full week on each island.

With all of that being said, it was very nice to try a different line and ship this past holiday week. We went on the NCL NYC to Florida/Bahamas on the Gem. It was very cool to be on a different ship after 6 on the same ship/layout. The different itinerary was nice as well. We hope to start doing 2 cruises a year from now on so we may change it up occasionally.

We have met some great people aboard these cruises that we cruised with a different times, coincidentally. You will often see familiar faces. I wouldn't mind if Princess changed up the itinerary a bit. Maybe throw Princess Cays in there. I do like all of the stops though! I wouldn't want to give up any of them!!

I enjoy repeat cruising on a ship. I start to feel more at home on the ship. I get to know some of the staff and I know how to get around the ship with ease. I learn some gimmicks which may be peculiar to the ship such as where the best secluded areas are for reading or relaxing on the ship if I don't feel like being crowded.

We have been on many ships multiple times. We usually choose by itinerary and then ship. You can always wait until the Crown does a different itinerary to book on it again. You can also go on one of the sister ships since they aren't much different from the original. We've been to the Caribbean so many times that we don't get off in the ports much except to walk around and do some shopping. We just cruise because we like to. We've been on so many Princess ships that we meet staff from previous cruises on each ship.

We have also done the same ship more than once, though not two times in a row. We usually cruise 2-3 times a year and our preference is Princess, even though we cruise on other lines too. We did two trips on the Emerald, a year apart, and I would book that ship again in a heartbeat! We love the 10-day cruises and missed going on the Ruby when it was doing the 10-days. We are on the CB next and have also cruised on the Crown. Next up after the CB is the Sapphire and I'm looking forward to trying the smaller ship. I would go for whatever cruise you can and don't look back. Enjoy your next cruise!

Archived