Questions regarding Spirit

Ginnylou

Looking for information regarding the Spirit on Feb 23, 2010.

Does the ship stay on ship time or does it go along with the city you are in (ie. Acapulco time)?

Has anyone done a zip line tour in ZIHUATANEJO/IXTAPA? How did it go and was it through a private vendor?

I drink Dr. Pepper so haven't bought mixed drinks or wine would someone post what the general cost is for mixed drinks or glass of wine? Friends that are first timers asked me and I would like to pass on the correct information.

Again I haven't been on a Carnival ship with a steak house, I would appreciate some input on how good or not so good your experience was. I have cruised for the most part with Royal Caribbean and familiar with Chops so input would be helpful. There are four couples traveling together to celebrate birthdays and I thought this might be a nice way for them to do that.

Thanks for your help. :)

Ginnylou, I have been on the Spirit 6 times in both San Diego and Alaska. It is my favorite ship in the fleet, if that tells you anything.

The ship will advance one hour on the second sea day heading to Acapulco. All three ports will be one hour ahead of ship time. This creates a bit of confusion so make sure when you book an independant excursion, you get it confirmed with the tour operator.

Some of our CC group did a private zipline excursion in Zihautanejo and the tour operator set up a special time for them since the normal tour times would not work for the ship passengers. I'm not sure what company they used, but they just asked and it was done.

Mixed drink average around $10 depending on what you are having. Wine ranges from $6-8/glass and $25 and upwards per bottle. They sell wine packages in the dining room which cuts the cost and something most people do not realize is that you can take those bottles anywhere with you on the ship, they do not have to stay in the dining room. Same thing, if a number of people are ordering wine by the glass, it would be cheaper to share a bottle and you can buy a bottle at any bar.

The Steak House is as good as Chops. Many compare it to a Ruth Chris experience.

Have a great cruise.

We were on the Spirit at the end of Nov. I've only been on 3 Carnival ships but it's my favorite. Looking forward to being back onboard in April going to Hawaii.

Steakhouse. Do it. Especially for special occasion. DW says the lobster bisque is one of the best things she has ever had, ever. It is much better than in the MDR. We'll be going at least once, maybe twice on our cruise to Hawaii. (We both celebrate 40th BD this year. :))

I'll post a link to the Capers from our cruise if you are interested. Below that will be a link in case you want to download them. Have a great cruise. Spirit is really a great ship with a great crew.

2908304700102836559wMHMBv_th.jpg

http://www.box.net/shared/qpadcv38ie

Archived