Excursions with kids on Carnival Pride- Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport?

a6h73

Since I started this thread, I thought I'd post back on what we did. I went around and around on options. I posted a long review on the Carnival board, but in short, we did:

Port Canaveral- husband and older son went to Cocoa beach on shuttle (unplanned). They had fun going in water and walking around. I stayed on ship with napping toddler. I had fun reading quietly!

Nassau- Blue Lagoon with dolphins then Blue Lagoon beach. This is by far the best beach I've seen. Loved it. You have to book beach through Carnival on Thursdays though. We booked dolphins directly then just migrated over to beach.

Freeport- Rain delay left us with only 3 hours. We took shuttle to Our Lucaya/Radisson and went on free beach and shops there. I think Deadmans Reef is best reviewed option for Freeport but weather in AM ruled that out. The beach at Our Lucaya was windy but nice- soft sand, kids loved it. We grabbed an empty chair but spent all our time in the sand and water.

In Nassau, did you book the beach day with Carnival for the transportation etc. and then do the dolphin encounter ala carte or did you do the whole thing on your own from the Ferry Terminal and were able to use the beach because it was open anyway?

hb5

In Nassau, did you book the beach day with Carnival for the transportation etc. and then do the dolphin encounter ala carte or did you do the whole thing on your own from the Ferry Terminal and were able to use the beach because it was open anyway?

hb5

We booked directly. We got in at 11. They told us to take the 12 or 1 ferry from Paradise Island. The returning ferry was at 4 and it returned us directly to the boat (we were the only ones on the boat after dropping everyone else off at Paradise island). I dont know if there was a later ferry. We could have gone to the beach before and after the dolphin encounter but only went after for an hour becuase we caught the later ferry in and our encouter was as soon as we got to the island.

Archived