Pacific Sun Feb

Past it

Not long now till Feb 6th and I set sail on P&O newly aquired ship Pacific Sun (previous Carnival Jubillee) after reading a lot of these threads I feel a lot more informed on what to wear and say (or not to say!!!) but I must say I feel a little envious on hearing how spectacular some of the other cruise ships are like. I have only been on 3. The Fairstar in '66 and again '89 so it's been quite a while between cruises.I know I will have a wonderful time and will be looking at one of the others next time. If there is any one out there who is onboard as well. Drop a line.:) Our group are aged over 40!! ....counting down!!:cool:

I was on this ship in 2002 when it was known as the Carnival Jubilee. I hope this is now fixed, but the ship vibrated hard and constantly! So hard that I remained dizzy for a week after the cruise. I recently talked to a PVP at Carnival and says that is why it was taken out of commission. He also said it has went through major reconstruction so I hope this was something that was corrected. I liked the large staterooms! And I did have a great time on her and I hope you do, too!

Collette, I hope they fixed that shuddering, would you say all the rooms are the same size. I am in one of the highest rooms ,but not the suites. It's an outside 4 berth in the middle of the ship. Do you think it will be a squeeze? I hope the ship is nice, I plan to do a review,as there is not a lot of information available on her, as she has not done a lot of cruises since being here. I know she is a lot plainer than your American ships. I had a look at the Adventure of the Seas on a site and it just blew me away,it was incredible. I hope to go on her or one like it one day soon,but for now I must be content with what I have.:)

Collette, I hope they fixed that shuddering, would you say all the rooms are the same size. I am in one of the highest rooms ,but not the suites. It's an outside 4 berth in the middle of the ship. Do you think it will be a squeeze? I hope the ship is nice, I plan to do a review,as there is not a lot of information available on her, as she has not done a lot of cruises since being here. I know she is a lot plainer than your American ships. I had a look at the Adventure of the Seas on a site and it just blew me away,it was incredible. I hope to go on her or one like it one day soon,but for now I must be content with what I have.:)

According to what the PVP rep at Carnival told me, the problem should have been fixed by now. We had a room on the 3rd deck with 4 berths. It was a little crowded at times but nothing really bad. I've only seen a couple of pictures of her since she was bought by p&o but the main lobby looks better now. You might look up some Carnival Jubilee reviews to get a better feel for the ship itself. Let me know how things went!

I'm going on the 6th Feb cruise too. Stressing over what to pack. I've got a problem with the formal nights. I dont know what to wear. I never wear dresses. Can't I just wear my jeans and a t-shirt. I've got 10 days to find something. Went shopping yesterday. I got my nails done. Can't type and keep stabbing myself. There was a huge sale with ear rings. Bought 13. Only recently got my ears pierced. What time are you planning on getting to the port. I have no idea what to do.

Don't get in a tiz,I don't wear dresses either,I bought a pair of black evening pants and some different tops.1626 have some and Target. Lots of places have sales on.Not knowing your size its a bit hard to advise. I'm a larger person and much older than you.Are you going on your own,is there no one to give you some opinion.I don't think they are as "formal" on our ship as the larger overseas ones,judging by some of the questions I see posted.As long as it is neat and tidy.I have done my packing,kept taking stuff out till I got it to zip up!We are flying up to Sydney Sunday morning. Did you see the photos and report a fellow did on the Schooly trip.It did give a glimpse of the cabins. (staterooms is too grand a word for them) I will look it up for you. Be careful with your earpiercings,keep dabbing metho on them.also don't put earings in that are not real silver or gold or stainless steel as they will be sore for the trip.Hope all goes well for the shopping ,lets know what you got.:)

Does anyone know what the theme nights on the feb 6th cruise will be? I've only just started packing, and am stressing abt these! also, do you have the link to the schoolies review you mentioned Past It? i'd love to read it!

The site with the photos is called cruise talk,

Well your cruise is almost here!!I wish we could join yall on the ship!!I will watch yall leave on the bridge cam!!

Well what site has the photos??Whats the link?

PS:want to hear how your trip goes!

Thanks!!

I spoke to P&O yesterday about our forthcoming Cruise on March 8th. They advised that you can ring them 2 days before sailing and find out the theme (not much time). As for formal nights the Australian ships are no where near as formal as overseas. They told me up to 3 formal nights on a 10 day cruise.

Have great fun you guys and we can't wait for your reports and tips.

Regards

Neicy & Ron.

Its getting so close now. I finished my last day of work today. I'm officially on holidays. I work at a nursing home and some of the residents were upset that i'm taking 4 weeks off. I think they're worried they wont be there when I get back. Anyways I bought some tops to go with my black skirts. Hope its alright. Just worrying about the theme nights now. Its getting so close. I couldnt sleep last night and I still got over a week to go.

Does anyone know what the theme nights on the feb 6th cruise will be? I've only just started packing, and am stressing abt these! also, do you have the link to the schoolies review you mentioned Past It? i'd love to read it!

I rang them today to find out,they said they have been doing Island night,Pajama night and Super Heroes. And she had not heard of any instruction to change them. Hope this helps.

I rang them today to find out,they said they have been doing Island night,Pajama night and Super Heroes. And she had not heard of any instruction to change them. Hope this helps.

excellent! Pyjama night as an official theme night?! I though that was only an unofficial theme night in the club....but cool! i'll have to get myself some sexy pj's...hehehe

Hello ladies I'm also sailing on the Sun on Feb 6th. Just to inform you both that also on the Sunday morning will be the offical naming of the ship by Lisa Curry Kenny. This was due to take place in October but due to the delay of the arrival of the Sun to Australia it will now take place this Sunday. The ceremony starts at 11am on board the ship for invited guests. Don't at all be suprised if we set sail late due to the ceremony and guests taking longer then expected. All reports from previous people who have sailed on her say that she is in excellent condition and the ship is far better than Sky.

:) Thanks for that info Mottoman,It should be interesting if we get close enough to see anything,It says on my ticket 2pm boarding,what do others have on theirs?Is the naming ceremony where they hit it with a bottle or is that when a new ship comes out of the shipyard?:confused: Not long now and we can see for ourselves what it is like!!It is so exciting!See you all soon shipmates and thanks for your good wishes Kiwicruiser. I will feel like a lot of eyes are watching me when I stand at the bow deck with the web cam behind!!!!! :p

I'm not to sure what is going to take place. It will most likely take place on board maybe even on the deck before we board so I doubt we will see it. I hope P&O give us something special as this will be the first "offical" cruise on Pacific Sun.

Just got back from shopping. I was at Millers and noticed a rack that had dresses. Found one for one of the formal nights. It was reduced to only $13. Thought it was a bargain. Bought some more tops as well. Just have to do all the ironing and then pack it again for the 3rd time. Just got a couple of more things to get and then I'm set. I'm dying to see who I'm going to be roomed with. Only three more sleeps to go.

I will try to copy the bridge cam pictures for yall!!I do not know if i can or not but i will try!!

Yall have a great time!!Say hi to room V-7 for me!!on the top deck on the Verandah deck!Thats the room i stayed in when it was the Jubilee!!

Bring back pictures and a review!!

I was on this ship in 2002 when it was known as the Carnival Jubilee. I hope this is now fixed, but the ship vibrated hard and constantly! So hard that I remained dizzy for a week after the cruise. I recently talked to a PVP at Carnival and says that is why it was taken out of commission. He also said it has went through major reconstruction so I hope this was something that was corrected. I liked the large staterooms! And I did have a great time on her and I hope you do, too!

Hey what date did you sail the Jubilee??We were on her Dec.19-23,2002!!What about you?

• 2 weeks later...

So..How Was yalls trip?

I saw yall leave on the bridge Cam!Here are some of the pictures i saved!

go here to look

http://community.webshots.com/album/275057756cRMPui

I also have a picture of it at sea and at a port of call!You can also to to the P&O web site and watch the naming of the ship!Did yall get to see that?

hope you had a great trip!:)

WOW!! what a FANTASTIC trip I've just come back from!!!! There were a few little annoying things here and there, but the overall experience of the cruise was great! Unfortunately we didn't get to watch the naming of the ship, but there was a film crew on board filming a promotional video for P&O cruises, and not only did we get to watch it being filmed, we were all invited to join in and be a part of the video. Hehehe, I feel so seedy saying this, but on one of the days, at about 10am, there was an announcement over the PA system inviting people to come to the Legends Bar for a scene, and that anyone who came would get a free drink. Well, as an 18 year old (we're legal to drink here in Aus) and a uni student, I could never pass up the opportunity for a free drink, so I jumped out of bed, had a shower, and spent the next hour and a half in the bar making new friends and being in the video.....I hadn't even had breakfast, and there I was drinking a Mudslide! Luckily the cocktails on board were really weak though, so it wasnt really as seedy as it sounds.

I had a fantastic time on board, but i'm waaaay too tired to write about it right now, but I'll definitely be submitting a cruise review in the near future.

Archived