Valor?? Should I book it?

Yellowlily

We are going on the Valor on July 3rd to celebrate my 30th! We have done a TON of research and are really excited to get aboard. One little question for those that have been on this ship, are the room doors metal? Thanks :)

I just got off the Valor. Western. Dining room food was really good. I thought the menued items were a little exotic. If so, I had the steak. Rosies was not bad. Pizza was OK. Also had a sandwich bar and burger/fries stand. You cant starve. Western Itenery was fun. Lots of islands to visit. Staff wonderful. Elevators not worth a crap. The stairs verses a long wait. Not metal on the outside. Out door decor magnets did not stick. Inside only.

Roatan was nice. Bring bug stuff if you go to the beach. Belize was nice. These 2 stops...I think excursion. Lots of poverty here. I did the River Wallace/ Altum Ha in Belize and enjoyed it. Fellow cruisers did the cave tubing. They also raved. I would STRONGLY suggest the ship excursion for these...we got back late ourselves and the ship waited for us. They were even on the cell phone to the guide to check on us. G. Cayman. I used Cpt. Marvin to do Sting Ray City. Very nice. Dropped many off on 7 mile beach on the way back.

Have a good time.

Karyn

Hi Cyt!

I had went back this morning and tried to open the link and it doesn't work. Someone else had posted this, so I'm in the same boat as you.

The Valor does look wonderful. I found some good info on www.cruiseclues.com also. I hope that helps.

I've heard so many good things about this ship. We booked a sailing in April. I can't wait!

• 3 months later...

The Valor was absolutely our favorite cruise ever!! I highly recommend to it anyone. It's so beautiful, so large and there are so many things to do. The food is phenomenal. Must NOT MISS Scarlett's Supper Club!! Yes, there is a teen disco. I think it's called the Caboose. Looks like a great kids program - cool arcade and such too. We went last month and hope to return to her someday. This was our 6th cruise (2nd on Carnival...we've sailed Celebrity and RCCI - which we still love RCCI) and our favorite!!

Archived