Serenade Notes.

Susan , I wouldn't think you would have noise except maybe a little left over from the theater , but that wouldnt be late. looks like you are mainly over the hall and the Pit stop is a sports bar. No loud music

bplazo--NO. they are very easy. My hubs had one and I drove my own. they are automatic. press with right thumb to go left brake like a bicycle.

they had some rough terrain, but after I got the repeat assurance it would not tip over all was ok. Some people went fast, some went slow. It was very fun.

Here's some random hints for your info:

Week 1:

Tortola: DW loved Swimming with the dolphins; a little steep at $155 p/p but a 1 time treat. Had rain that day so can't speak from other experience. Lots of people go over to the Baths.

St. Martin: Lots go over to Orient Beach but I am not a fan of nudity. DW and I took a $4 p/p each way fixed rate taxi at pier to Divi Beach Little Bay Resort, 10 minutes from ship. Other side of Great Bay where ship docks. Nice beach, calm and clear waters, rest rooms, bar and food there. $15 to rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for day. Quiet peaceful day.

Antigua: Took the Robinson Crusoe Island excursion. They take you to a very small island offshore for a private day to soak up the sun and

swim or snorkel. Lunch and drinks provided. Pricey but worth 1 time trip.

St. Lucia: Everyone recommends the COSOL tour. I agree. It is the best way to see the island. Take you all around. One of the highlights is you get on a motor launch and they take you around the Pitons and to a beach between them. Could have used more time there but great experience. Email ahead for reservation (Google COSOL tour).

Grenada: Other CC-ers take tour with Mandoo to take 45 minute hike to waterfalls. DW not big on long hikes. DW and I took ship excursion to Fort George and then to Magazine Beach. Nice day.

Week 2:

St. Thomas: DW did some jewelry shopping at Diamonds International. Many shopping stores in close proxomity to pier but this is not downtown itself. We then did St John Swim and Snorkel ship excursion $67 p/p. They take you by boat to St John's, nice trip along coastline, see famous people's houses then on to Trunk Bay on St John for beach and snorkel. Trunk Bay 1 of top 10 beaches in the world. Great day.

St Croix: Took ship tour to Carambola Resort for Day 89 p/p. Trip is 40 minutes each way on windy roads, not the 20 minutes they say. It is a nice place, you get chairs, umbrella, use of pool, nice buffet lunch, beach is rocky on one side, water on rock sound will rock you to sleep, west side is for swimming, surf was rough on day we were there. Judge for yourself.

St Kitts: The Historic Island. Took island tour with Thenford Grey. Email ahead and reserve a spot with him. DW and I highly recommend this. Intelligent and enjoyable guide. Went to several places with amazing views overlooking the Caribbean and Atlantic. Ended day with trip to Cockleshell Bay for dip in the Caribbean. 48 p/p. A bargain.

Domenica: The Natural Island. Took ship tour Beach and Waterfalls. The waterfalls part was great and ride up to it interesting. Island is hardly developed. You take a 20 minute hike from side of road along a trail which gets interesting as you get closer to falls. Not for elderly or people with physical limitations. Wear sensible walking shoes. It is a short trip into the rain forest, you may get wet. Waterfalls is beautiful, DW took a swim in the natural pool at its base (she is a fish). After walk out spent 1.5 hours at Mero Beach, black sand. $3 p/p to rent chair and umbrella. Just Ok, but water clear.

Barbados: Great day. Took day trip to Barbados Hilton. Call them at 426-0200 when you get to pier to see if they are taking day pass visitors that day. Usually no problem. 20 minute taxi ride ($15 US) each way. Taxis are well organized at the pier. $25 US p/p gets you use of pool and beach with chairs and umbrellas. You can get drinks and food there. Prices not cheap, priced in Barbados dollars ( 2 BD = 1 USD ) Pool is great, beach and ocean spectacular. White powdery sand, beach flat and long, surf spectacular and very swimmable, protected on sides by rock jetties which keeps it from getting wild. Highly recommend.

Cruise Director Dennis Charles is Outstanding. Quick wit and very personable. Entire crew goes out of their way to make you happy. That is why they are rated #1 among all RCI ships. Plus ship is absolutely beautiful, everything in good taste, beautiful art everywhere, we had 2180 persons on board but

never felt crowded except on sea day if you wanted to be by the outdoor pool. However there were lots of chairs on Deck 12 to catch the rays and you could hang out in the Solarium and its pool.

DW was very happy, which means I am happy.

Enjoy. Post any other questions you have.

Enjoy. Post any other questions you have.

We are doing the b2b in April. How was turnaround day and is there anything special planned for those that are doing a consecutive cruise?

Sounds like the staff and crew on Serenade are as good as those that work on Radiance, another ship to be rated #1.:D

We are doing the b2b in April. How was turnaround day and is there anything special planned for those that are doing a consecutive cruise?

Sounds like the staff and crew on Serenade are as good as those that work on Radiance, another ship to be rated #1.:D

We just did B2B 9 and 16 Jan. There was a lunch in the Main dining room for all the B2B guests. If there is a smaller number it is in Portofinos. There was a

meet and greet and do paper work at 11am on the last sea day to receive all the info for the following m. We meet in the theater and went around the terminal and did the wait 15 min before we came back on. The terminal is RCCL's a $20 cab ride from town so most people stayed on board.

We just did B2B 9 and 16 Jan. There was a lunch in the Main dining room for all the B2B guests. If there is a smaller number it is in Portofinos. There was a meet and greet and do paper work at 11am on the last sea day to receive all the info for the following m. We meet in the theater and went around the terminal and did the wait 15 min before we came back on. The terminal is RCCL's a $20 cab ride from town so most people stayed on board.

Thanks so much for the information sounds almost like what we did in Valparaiso last April.........though we did not have to get off the ship there.

We just did B2B 9 and 16 Jan. There was a lunch in the Main dining room for all the B2B guests. If there is a smaller number it is in Portofinos. There was a

meet and greet and do paper work at 11am on the last sea day to receive all the info for the following m. We meet in the theater and went around the terminal and did the wait 15 min before we came back on. The terminal is RCCL's a $20 cab ride from town so most people stayed on board.

At 11 AM Last sea day on SOS they had drinks at info session and also had a 2-for-1 offer at Chops on Saturday night of second week for any B2B-ers. For the first time now the RCI staffer told us on Saturday that we did not have to get off the ship, we just got directed to the gangway to get our new seapasses issued. FYI

That's the first I've read about a Portofino brunch. Can you share more details?

The Brunch was so nice!!!! ....included champagne and wine. I would highly recommend it. Ours was not sold out! The tour of the Galley on a different day was included....very informative, well worth the $30.oo per person...we also included a nice tip. The servers were very attentive!!!

Archived