Passport question in addition to the name change question!

Hello (again!),

I guess I waited too long to edit. At any rate, it occurred to me that new guest is without a passport. Has been to Mex, etc in the past but I guess just hasn't got around to getting one with the new rules.

At any rate, I went on this exact cruise (5 day Navigator to Cozumel and Belize) recently and I don't recall ever using/needing my passport except for getting my sea pass card in Miami. This cruise is coming right up. Out of luck or good to go?

Will a Birth Certificate and a Drivers License work here?

As I stated in some of my earlier questions and comments here, I've traveled extensively yet never thought I'd care to cruise. I'm happy to report I was very, very wrong. We love it! Thanks much all. Great board. SO much information!! Kudos!

Hello (again!),

I guess I waited too long to edit. At any rate, it occurred to me that new guest is without a passport. Has been to Mex, etc in the past but I guess just hasn't got around to getting one with the new rules.

At any rate, I went on this exact cruise (5 day Navigator to Cozumel and Belize) recently and I don't recall ever using/needing my passport except for getting my sea pass card in Miami. This cruise is coming right up. Out of luck or good to go?

As I stated in some of my earlier questions and comments here, I've traveled extensively yet never thought I'd care to cruise. I'm happy to report I was very, very wrong. We love it! Thanks much all. Great board. SO much information!! Kudos!

yes birth certificate and DL is all they need since it is a closed loop cruise, meaning leaving and returning to the same port.

A certified copy of a BC from the state's dept. of health, along with a DL will work fine. Just had a friend use those on a cruise to Mexico and Belize.

:)

(Now you're going to get a million replies that say your friend SHOULD get a passport. SHOULD he/she? Sure. MUST he? NO.

Hello (again!),

If it is a "Closed Loop"(Starts and ends in the same US port) cruise, you will be fine with a birth certificate and driver's license. If a name change is involved, you should bring certified documentation(Mariage License) in case there is a question.

Don't simply rely on information you get from these boards. You may want to double check with RCI and/or your travel agent for peace of mind. You can also go to the State Departments web site for good travel info.

If it is a "Closed Loop"(Starts and ends in the same US port) cruise, you will be fine with a birth certificate and driver's license. If a name change is involved, you should bring certified documentation(Mariage License) in case there is a question.

Thanks again for the replies. I "thought" it wasn't a must have with the "Closed Loop" but wasn't positive.

The name change thing on my 24 hour hold is a simply a different person than originally entered. I still can't get that changed!

Thanks again for the replies. I "thought" it wasn't a must have with the "Closed Loop" but wasn't positive.

The name change thing on my 24 hour hold is a simply a different person than originally entered. I still can't get that changed!

did you call, it is a 5 minute thing.

I mean to change the name, that should be 5 minutes.

I think that's what the OP meant. It took her 5 minutes to straighten it out but was on hold for probably more like 15 minutes, just to DO the 5-minute job! :) Sounds like it was all worked out though. Yay!

Hey Sue, where on LI are you, anyway? Just curious.

I think that's what the OP meant. It took her 5 minutes to straighten it out but was on hold for probably more like 15 minutes, just to DO the 5-minute job! :) Sounds like it was all worked out though. Yay!

Hey Sue, where on LI are you, anyway? Just curious.

sorry, little slow on the uptake tonight, long day. I am not allowed to say where I am because I am a TA.

Archived