How to bring wine onboard

mmeadows

Do NOT give any wine to porters, you may not see it again. Have those wine carriers from Total. They just do not look strong enough for 6 bottles. Anyone carried them full(inc. a few 1.5s),??

We had six good-sized bottles of wine in our carrier, but we had the canvas type. I think they also offered a cardboard version, but we figured we buy the canvas and bring it along on our next cruise.

I also would not pass my wine on to a porter. I'd carry it on with me. We saw lots of people doing this. There were people that had cases of wine. :)

I, female 66, carried 4 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of soda on board for our last cruise. I carried it in a canvas type bag. It got to be real heavy and just not worth it. We did enjoy drinking better wine for our money but lugging it around embarcation day was not a good beginning to our cruise.

Yep, I'll vouch for the flimsy wine tote. It held up through a long embarkation: it was indeed heavy and awkward, so I set it down every chance I had.

Nope, not going to do that again. I have a new wheeled tote (actually my cavernous everyday laptop bag) that I'm using next month instead.

Archived