Hannibal/Bucaneer Catamaran?

ritak

Has anyone taken a Stingray City tour on either one of these catamarans? How many people do they hold (huge group of 50 or something more like 25?) We'd prefer a tour that has the smaller number if possible.

Has anyone taken a Stingray City tour on either one of these catamarans? How many people do they hold (huge group of 50 or something more like 25?) We'd prefer a tour that has the smaller number if possible.

I booked the Stingray City tour with them. If you email them they're really good about answering all kinds of questions in a very timely manner. We'll be in Grand Cayman on March 18th, so I'll let you know how it was when we get back. I've heard only wonderful things about the company that does their booking, nothing specifically about this tour. But, I'll let you know.

We were in GC on 2/4/10, a day of 6 ships and 13000 cruisers. We had booked in advance on the "Buccaneer" with Capt Bryan. For US$45/each we had A/C transport in small buses and we were on the Catamaran Buccaneer out to Stingray City. Had a wonderful time at the city, then followed by two snorkel stops.

The Buccaneer can hold up to 60 but there were only 44 on board. Not bad considering the crowds in port. Stingray City was VERY crowded and I would love to go back on a day of one or two ships being in port. No crowds at the snorkeling stops.

Photographer on board was very nice and even though I took photos with my underwater digital we still bought the 7 photos they took of us with the rays along with 40 or so "Professional" underwater shots for US$25.00 on a disk.

Total tour time was >4 hrs. Only water and punch (no rum) on the ship, but we weren't sailing to get drunk but rather to see the sights underwater. Capt Bryan was great and we would not hesitate to go with them again.

Enjoy your call in Grand Cayman!

We did the Buckaneer excursion back in Nov 06 and we'll be on her again in April '10. This was one of the highlights of our very first cruise and felt it was a great bargain, which is why I booked it for our family of four. There were only about 10 of us when we went so it was very nice. Not crowded at all. We visited StingRay City, the Coral Gardens and the Barrier Reef, then the Capt unfurled the sails on the way back. DW had never been on a sailboat and love it. Will recommend this excursion to anyone going to GC. We can't wait till April 14!

Archived