Snorkeling in St. Lucia/Antigua

safety

Hi---I will be in Antigua and St. Lucia in April. I am looking for suggestions for good snorkeling excursions-either excursion agents on shore-or recommendations for all inclusive beach resorts with snorkeling available to the guests. I appreciate your thoughts--Thanks--Peter

Hi---I will be in Antigua and St. Lucia in April. I am looking for suggestions for good snorkeling excursions-either excursion agents on shore-or recommendations for all inclusive beach resorts with snorkeling available to the guests. I appreciate your thoughts--Thanks--Peter

I think you would enjoy the day package at Ti Kaye which includes round trip boat transfer to the resort, snorkeling gear, beach chairs, lunch and two drinks per person. Pricing for the package is toward the bottom of this link:

http://www.tikaye.com/dive-rates.php

I went diving with ti Kaye and my fiancee stayed behind at the resort and did some snorkelling. They pick you up right at the dock on their boat and take you to the resort which is about a 30 min boat ride. So, I would recommend them.

Antigua??...Forget about snorkelling here. The visibility is sooo poor and the beaches have sandy bottoms. I couldnt see 3 inches in front of my face. Your better off taking a tour.

• 1 month later...

We usually don't take tours but instead go on our own. I wish I could remember the place in Antiqua we went to. My wife thinks it had pinapple in it's name. I was across the Island from where we docked. we just took a taxi. The snorkeling was very good. There was a lot of coral formations, like a labrynth, with lots of fish. We were very happy with it. We are planning a return next March. In St Lucia we took a taxi to the east side, to a national park that has good snorkeling and there are old forts to explore. I think it was $10 pp to get in. It was very fun and the views from the top were amazing. Again, this will be on our things to do list. Good luck.

We usually don't take tours but instead go on our own. I wish I could remember the place in Antiqua we went to. My wife thinks it had pinapple in it's name. I was across the Island from where we docked. we just took a taxi. The snorkeling was very good. There was a lot of coral formations, like a labrynth, with lots of fish. We were very happy with it......

Must have been:

http://www.grandpineapple.com/main/antigua/an-home.cfm

Archived