Porto Vista Hotel in San Diego

wines60

Planning to stay in San Diego for two nights in May folowing our cruise. When searching for accomodations I stumbled upon a brand of hotels called Ascend, (seems to be a part of Choice Hotels). The name of the property in San Diego is Porto Vista Hotel & Suites. Does anyone have some information on this place. Since we will have completed our cruise, having a view of the Harbor is not an issue. Thanks in advance for responses. Marion

We are arriving by train to San Diego on April 22nd for a cruise leaving on the 24th. I also found this hotel and gave them a call about an early arrival as the train comes to town at 1am. They are charging 50% of regular rate for us to get into our room early. If we arrive later after 10am no charge for that night of the 21/22. So nice of them and the hotel looks very nice. I can say the staff has been VERY nice to us thus far.

This is good to hear. I made the res on line, but may call to chat with them anyway. You'll be there just as we are leaving Ft. Lauderdale travelling through the canal and winding up in San Diego. Our plan is to spend two nights there and catch the train to LA and then on into Albuquerque. Hope we will all be pleased with this hote. Thanks for the response!

Looks great!! I really like the decor and the prices. Being just a block from Gaslamp would be a benefit on our next trip out there.

Please report back and let us know how you liked it.

It is just a block from Little Italy not the Gaslamp. The Gaslamp is 15 blocks away. If your goal is the Gaslamp there are many, much better hotels in the heart of it. Hotel Solamar and the Hilton Gaslamp can often be booked thru Pr*****ne for some really fantastic savings.

Jim/San Diego

Archived