Iced tea

Summergee

Can anyone tell me if iced tea is available on board QM2?

Yes but it is not very good. My Southern friends asked for a pot of hot tea and a glass of ice and made their own in the dining room. What they serve is drinkable but not what you get at home! ;) And there is definitely no sweetened iced tea available. :)

Yes but it is not very good. My Southern friends asked for a pot of hot tea and a glass of ice and made their own in the dining room. What they serve is drinkable but not what you get at home! ;) And there is definitely no sweetened iced tea available. :)

Perhaps they used Lipton's Instant. No, probably not--that would have been better.:D

I am not sure why anyone from England would reallt want to drink Iced tea lol, what an thing to do with it, However I did try it last year on QM2 with our good friends and I have to say I was surpised, it is really not too bad.

If as others say it is unsweetened then im shocked, for me it was sweet, very cold and quite nice, I am told another friend Cj, that it is better made at home though

Being that my wife and I are not coffee drinkers, we enjoy our tea hot or cold. I especially like iced tea. In the Kings Court on the QM2 there are iced teas dispensers with fruit juices. If I ordered iced tea with lunch or dinner in the Britannia Restaurant, it appeared to be from a brewed tea and did taste better than the iced tea from the dispensers in Kings Court.

Loretta and I were with Rob back in November on the QM2 when he had his first iced tea ever. Being he is a true Brit, proper tea is always served hot and not with watery ice cubes. We were both happy to witness this part of history with Rob. If I recall, I think Robin also had a glass of the icy substance for the first time. This is what makes joining friends on a voyage worthwhile!

So, what it all comes down to, if you desire a glass of iced tea after coming back on board from a warm Caribbean Island or some other warm place, you will enjoy the iced tea available on the QM2 and will not wind up in the infirmary.

Cheers!!!!

Terrence

Being that my wife and I are not coffee drinkers, we enjoy our tea hot or cold. I especially like iced tea. In the Kings Court on the QM2 there are iced teas dispensers with fruit juices. If I ordered iced tea with lunch or dinner in the Britannia Restaurant, it appeared to be from a brewed tea and did taste better than the iced tea from the dispensers in Kings Court.

Loretta and I were with Rob back in November on the QM2 when he had his first iced tea ever. Being he is a true Brit, proper tea is always served hot and not with watery ice cubes. We were both happy to witness this part of history with Rob. If I recall, I think Robin also had a glass of the icy substance for the first time. This is what makes joining friends on a voyage worthwhile!

So, what it all comes down to, if you desire a glass of iced tea after coming back on board from a warm Caribbean Island or some other warm place, you will enjoy the iced tea available on the QM2 and will not wind up in the infirmary.

Cheers!!!!

Terrence

I promise you it really was very nice, we had a few times since as well and will do again-for sure when we all sail down to Canada later this year

I have always thought that not only is Iced Tea best made at home but certainly is best left there. Returning to a ship after a warm Caribbean trip is what Gin & Tonic was designed for, or in its' absence a nice cup of tea. I almost put Hot in that last sentence, I can't believe it. Tea is Tea and then there is iced tea. No wonder we let the colonies go all those years ago. :)

Can anyone tell me if iced tea is available on board QM2?

Hello Summergee,

Crane reminded me of what I do in the Kings Court during lunch time during a TA. I first go to the Chef's Galley for a sandwich made to order, usually turkey, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, mustard, and a pickle on the dish. I enjoy their potato fries (chips) but usually do not get them.

Then I go to the closest dispenser area of juices and coffee and make myself a glass of iced tea with some lemonade in it (the Arnold Palmer). Sometimes, I combine the cranberry and apple juice from the dispenser. Of course both of these combinations have some ice in them.

Next destination, is hopefully a table in one of the alcoves that jut out onto Deck Seven. There my wife and I enjoy our lunch with a nice view of our fellow passengers passing by and of course the view of the Atlantic Ocean.

After finishing my sandwich and drink, then I head for the dessert area and am never disappointed.

Terrence

P.S. Hello Rob and Crane

Hello Summergee,

Crane reminded me of what I do in the Kings Court during lunch time during a TA. I first go to the Chef's Galley for a sandwich made to order, usually turkey, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, mustard, and a pickle on the dish. I enjoy their potato fries (chips) but usually do not get them.

Then I go to the closest dispenser area of juices and coffee and make myself a glass of iced tea with some lemonade in it (the Arnold Palmer). Sometimes, I combine the cranberry and apple juice from the dispenser. Of course both of these combinations have some ice in them.

Next destination, is hopefully a table in one of the alcoves that jut out onto Deck Seven. There my wife and I enjoy our lunch with a nice view of our fellow passengers passing by and of course the view of the Atlantic Ocean.

After finishing my sandwich and drink, then I head for the dessert area and am never disappointed.

Terrence

P.S. Hello Rob and Crane

We have done that a few times now, with you, I like the cranberry and lemon as well

Archived