Gibraltar - can I do these in 1 day (and how)?

I will be arriving in Gibraltar on the Disney Magic on the 21st of April. We are there between 730a-630pm.

I want to do the WWII tunnels & would like to do the cable car to the top. Can I do these both in the same day? How would/should I do this? The Tunnels 1st then the cable car?

This is my 2nd time to Gibraltar but last time we were there for only a few hours and just walked about (did see the main street area, the apes & a few monuments).

Thank you in advance for any advice.

It would be no problem to do both in a day. We took a taxi from the port gates (lots waiting when we docked) and he took us to to the monument with fab view over the mediteranean, the World War 2 caves and tunnel and stopped off at the apes). Our driver had lived in London and was really happy, friendly and well-informed. We shared our taxi with another family and think we paid about 25 euros for the two of us. On the way back he dropped us off in town near the cable car station. The day we were there the cable car had broken down a couple of times and we saw people suspended in mid-air!! Put me off but def do-able. Not much else to do in Gibraltar, imho, unless you like tacky shops!!

You will find it easy to do both in a day - bear in mind that the queues for the cable car can be very long in the summer months - especially if there are 1 or more cruise ships in port.

Found this on the government tourist web site which might be of interest to you

http://www.gibraltar.gov.uk/whattodo.php?visible=4

Have a good day here whatever you choose to do

Best Wishes

Gill

Archived