Rhapsody - Cabin 7638 and 7640 good position???

allyman

Just been allocated our two D2 balcony cabins on the Rhapsody sailing on 13 January 2011.

I was wondering if any can tell me if these are in a good position. They are aft cabins and I have read it is better to be mid ship. As we have never cruised before I have no idea if any of the four of us suffer sea sickness. As we are on deck 7 we are high up, which again, I read isn't great if the motion doesn't agree with you.

Anyone had any experience of these cabins or those in a similar position? Do you think I can ask my online t/a to move us? Hate to cause a fuss if not necessary.

Thanks

Ally

If it was me, I would pay an extra $200 each and go for the aft corner and one next to it (7652 and 7654)

I see that 7634 aand 7636 are available too, there may be others further in, you should ask your TA to check.

If it was me, I would pay an extra $200 each and go for the aft corner and one next to it (7652 and 7654)

I see that 7634 aand 7636 are available too, there may be others further in, you should ask your TA to check.

Hey Brad

Great to hear from someone. Are you suggesting we upgrade to D1 balcony and try for the rear ones? I had heard the balconies are bigger? Is this really the case?

Secondly, how can you see what is available? I need two cabins together, or maybe I will downgrade the kids to an opposite interior stateroom:D.

Do you think aft is better than at the front? One ta (not the one I booked with) said there are cabins towards the front (D2) available. I have until 11th to pay my deposit and when I called the t/a today they were so busy I got an answering machine. I left my number but no one called back:confused:

Ally

Alletman if you can get either of the 2 corner aft balconies. GO FOR IT QUICKLY!!!!!!! If you have to pay extra it is worth every cent.

We had these cabins for B2B cruise and it was the BEST cabin we have EVER had and we still talk about it!!!!! Yes it is a bit of a walk to get to the buffet but that is a good thing. But the balcony is just amazing.

The corner aft balconies are the biggest on the whole ship and we felt like millionaires sitting on ours. Amazing views too. We had 3 sun lounges out the front and a table and 4 chairs around the corner and still had room to host a party for about 20 people. There is also an overhanging bit around the corner which we used if the weather was not too good to sit on the lounges.

I would book a cruise on the RHAPSODY again anytime just to get that balcony.:D

Reading the posting here, we have booked 7152 for NYE this year.

Have seen pics of this balcony and it looks quite big. Dont have the link to the pics saved on this puter but can post later if you like.

The stairs just outside the cabin....are they crew only??

Regards

Ron & Neicy

Hi all

I rang my t/a but unfortunately she said all the aft D1 cabins were booked. I also coudlnt get two side by side D2 cabins anywhere more mid ship. Thanks anyway.

I am satisfiedn with our D2 cabins. Possibly lucky to have got two side by side. I am surprised they sell out so quickly. Must be the effect of the current sale do you think, which the have now extended another week.

I think we are going to have a lovely time anyway.

Ally

On the website I use to track cabins it still shows most of the aft balcony D1 cabins available... 7514 and 7156 and also the corner 7562 and 7564.

And sorry, the rules here do not allow me to post the name of the site that shows cabin availability :( It is restricted to showing up to a maximum of 15 cabins if available (used to show more, but they changed that last year) Either way it is currently showing 15 D1's available and 15 D2's (though all of those are either way forward or way aft no middlish ones)

My TA couldn't see the aft cabins, but I asked her to put a request in and she did and we snagged an aft JS, so if your TA cannot see them, try ringing RCL Australia and asking them, (the scanner site may be wrong) but don't use your name or current booking reference when talking to RCL because then they wont talk to you as you have a TA.

Cheers,

Brad

On the website I use to track cabins it still shows most of the aft balcony D1 cabins available... 7514 and 7156 and also the corner 7562 and 7564.

And sorry, the rules here do not allow me to post the name of the site that shows cabin availability :( It is restricted to showing up to a maximum of 15 cabins if available (used to show more, but they changed that last year) Either way it is currently showing 15 D1's available and 15 D2's (though all of those are either way forward or way aft no middlish ones)

My TA couldn't see the aft cabins, but I asked her to put a request in and she did and we snagged an aft JS, so if your TA cannot see them, try ringing RCL Australia and asking them, (the scanner site may be wrong) but don't use your name or current booking reference when talking to RCL because then they wont talk to you as you have a TA.

Cheers,

Brad

Wow, Brad that is really interesting. I want to know your secret!:D I have already chopped and changed my mind, so much I don't want them to think I am crazy. Are you on the same cruise as us or another one. We are on 13 January 2011.

Ally

Wow, Brad that is really interesting. I want to know your secret!:D I have already chopped and changed my mind, so much I don't want them to think I am crazy. Are you on the same cruise as us or another one. We are on 13 January 2011.

Ally

G'day Ally, nope, I am on two cruises back to back this March and April. It doesn't matter if your TA thinks you are crazy, its your holiday and they want your money, so they should be nice :) LOL Oh and don't elect to pre-pay your gratuities with your final cruise payment, RCL are charging us Aussies a ridiculous US$ exchange rate for them of .63 cents in the dollar. i.e. instead of US$9.75 a day they are charging around US$13.75 per person per day. So opt to pay them on the ship and save around $36 each.

The web site that tells you the availability is a European on-line TA and hence we cannot say their name.

G'day Ally, nope, I am on two cruises back to back this March and April. It doesn't matter if your TA thinks you are crazy, its your holiday and they want your money, so they should be nice :) LOL Oh and don't elect to pre-pay your gratuities with your final cruise payment, RCL are charging us Aussies a ridiculous US$ exchange rate for them of .63 cents in the dollar. i.e. instead of US$9.75 a day they are charging around US$13.75 per person per day. So opt to pay them on the ship and save around $36 each.

The web site that tells you the availability is a European on-line TA and hence we cannot say their name.

Brad,

I have made it my mission to be as cruise savvy as you. How do you rate my chances ...

I know what you mean about it being my holiday. I hate that I am so timid and feel like apologising every time I ring the cruise agency - and I have never even seen these people. They must be very busy, as I am always kept on hold at least 5 mins.

Are you on the 2 April Rhapsody cruise? I have a friend and her family on this one. We were just talking today about how we have become addicted to cruise critic. I'd say we are not the only ones.

I haven't paid my gratuities yet. Can you please tell me if we can pay them in US cash whilst on the cruise? I assume you can do this at the end? I already have the US dollars on hand (left over from a previous holiday). Is this to my benefit? Will they then charge me in US dollars. Sorry a bit confused about the whole gratuities thing.

Thanks

Ally

He he he, I think I found the website!!! Clever me. As Brad said it has bought up 15 x D1 cabins and one is the corner aft and there are a few other aft cabins. I am one resourceful lady, like a dog with a bone.

Why did I rush into my booking? This cruising is tricky stuff.

Ally

Brad,

I have made it my mission to be as cruise savvy as you. How do you rate my chances ...

Are you on the 2 April Rhapsody cruise? I have a friend and her family on this one. We were just talking today about how we have become addicted to cruise critic. I'd say we are not the only ones.

I haven't paid my gratuities yet. Can you please tell me if we can pay them in US cash whilst on the cruise? I assume you can do this at the end? I already have the US dollars on hand (left over from a previous holiday). Is this to my benefit? Will they then charge me in US dollars. Sorry a bit confused about the whole gratuities thing.

Thanks

Ally

LOL at the cruise savvy I am still learning, have just read a lot from this place, its great and yes addictive! And yes, I am on the 2nd April cruise. As for pre paying the tips, drop me an email at 2oxymoron@gmail.com and I may be able to point you in the right direction. I believe RCCL are overcharging us Aussies by about $4 per person per day.

Archived