Summit CC cabins 6135 and 6136 - electrical outlet

cruiser9983

DH and I are booked in Summit CC cabin 6136. I thought that I had read on a different thread that there was not an electrical outlet on the vanity - although, I think it might have been on Millie. I can't find that thread now. Can anyone confirm the "electrical" setup on the vanity? We've been in CC aft cabins twice on Millie and there was a plug on the vanity.

I hope when I interprete vanity you refer to the bathroom sink area. If that is the case, then memory serves me that there are sockets on the hair dryer on the wall (the hair dryer is the hugh contraption that looks like a vaccum cleaner at the car wash LOL )

The hair dryer usually has two electrical plug in sockets for it for 115 and 220. It says 'shaver" by the plugs.

omb

Hi cruiser9983,

When are you sailing? We're booked in 6135 for the March 13 sailing. Our travel agent said it has updated decor and a larger verandah, so I'm curious if this is true. Apparently there's only an armchair instead of a sofa though, and some noise may travel through the door that connects to the adjoining suite. We're still considering upgrading to a suite if the prices come down. If you're traveling before us I'd appreciate your feedback about your experience in 6135. Thanks!

I hope when I interprete vanity you refer to the bathroom sink area. If that is the case, then memory serves me that there are sockets on the hair dryer on the wall (the hair dryer is the hugh contraption that looks like a vaccum cleaner at the car wash LOL )

The hair dryer usually has two electrical plug in sockets for it for 115 and 220. It says 'shaver" by the plugs.

omb

You are correct, I was referring to the "vanity" in the stateroom.

All of the staterooms, at least below suites, have two each of North American style 110v outlets and European style 220V outlets. by the vanity/desk in the stateroom.

The bathroom does not have a standard outlet. It does have an outlet in the wall mounted hair-dryer that is a combo 110v/220v outlet but it is not polarized and is marked as for shavers only - so I presume it is low amperage and could not handle a hand held hair dryer, curling iron or similar item.

I have some pictures of these in the M-class ships (click here) and have seen similar outlets on both the C and S class ships.

Guest Host Cheryl
Hi cruiser9983,

When are you sailing? We're booked in 6135 for the March 13 sailing. Our travel agent said it has updated decor and a larger verandah, so I'm curious if this is true. Apparently there's only an armchair instead of a sofa though, and some noise may travel through the door that connects to the adjoining suite. We're still considering upgrading to a suite if the prices come down. If you're traveling before us I'd appreciate your feedback about your experience in 6135. Thanks!

We were on the Summit in cabin 6135 just last week. It had a larger veranda (two lounge chairs with a small table between them and two upright chairs and a table) It also had electric sockets on the vanity with great lighting. In addition you will find a normal hand held hair dryer in the cabinet in the vanity as well as the vacuum style hairdryer in the bathroom.

The cabin was very quiet and the service was great. It had two arm chairs and a small table instead of a sofa. We never heard a word out of either cabin on the side of us. This cabin is located just above the dining room so no noise. You'll find it is very handy to access the elevators to go one or two floors down for dining. It is also a great location to access the computer access room and the sundeck and buffet area. I would definately book this room again if booking a CC instead of a suite next time.

The hardest part of this room will be leaving it :-) I'm home this week where it is cold, wishing I was relaxing on the wonderful deck.

Guest Host Cheryl
Hi cruiser9983,

I just responded to this post. I do have pictures of the room if you want to see them just shoot me an email and I'll be happy to send them to you.

CGraham01@cox.net

Archived