Traverse Jamaica

tessa_59

Has anyone ever booked an excursion with Traverse Jamaica? We are going to be in Montego Bay in March and I found them online. I really like to hear from other CC'rs about their experiences. We would be doing a trip to Dunns River Falls and then White River tubing. I know this is done often from Ocho Rios, but have had a harder time finding a guide from Mo-Bay.

Thanks,

Theresa

LOL I have posted several times on here about traversejamaica. I love them. You will not be disappointed. Lacsells took us around, prices were fabulous. Honestly I cannot say enough nice things about him and Claris. I spent a week in Jamiaca, he picked us up at the airport, took us to the house we rented. We then arranged to tour with him for two days. We did everything. The first day he took us to Dunn's River Falls and took pictures of us while we climbed the falls. We also went to the pottery factory, drove through the rain forest, and shopped in Ochos Rios. He also took us to a local jerk restaurant that for 40 American I got two whole chickens about half a fish, roasted breadfruit, roasted sweet potatoes, toasted bread and drinks for 7 people. The next day he took us to the local farmer's market, up over the "hill" to Appleton Rums, and then to Lover's Leap. He is so knowledgeable about the area, and knows everyone. When we were going over the "hill" to the rum factory, I, because I had way too much Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee, had to use the bathroom. Bathrooms are not a common commodity up in the mountains, so Lacsells actually took me to his uncle's house so I could use a nice bathroom. We also got to drive by Mavis Bank's coffee plantation.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed with traversejamaica. I'm househunting in Jamaica now, in large part because I fell in love with the people I met through Lacsells. When we go back, I'll be calling him again.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kristin

LOL I have posted several times on here about traversejamaica. I love them. Trust me, you won't be disappointed with traversejamaica. I'm househunting in Jamaica now, in large part because I fell in love with the people I met through Lacsells. When we go back, I'll be calling him again.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kristin

Thanks so much Kristin. We booked with them. I contacted several others but they were much more expensive and less accomodating. I have found it is harder to book tours out of Montego Bay - but am excited about spending the day with Lacsells.

Archived