Best Motel in FLL EVER !

beachchick24

Stayed at the Birch Patio Motel in FLL which was 2 blocks from FLL beach and walking(stumbling)distance to many restaurants and bars. I highly recommend this place. We stayed in an efficiency room (2 Queen/King beds and kitchen) overlooking the pool, it was nice and large, great furnishings, comfy beds, great staff ! Add in a great price tag, and we will definately be staying here again!! We stayed here 2 nights pre-cruise. Just thought Id share my xperience !

:p

I had tried to get into one of their properties when I was planning our trip. They have three - this one, Summerland Suites, and Napoli Belmar. We couldn't get into any of them (we needed one night January 29 for our post-cruise and I was working on rooms mid-summer 2009). I was told lots of their rooms are booked by the month so they had no availability. The reviews were great so I was bummed we couldn't get into one. Just saying - so others will know to try way in advance! We ended up in the Sea Beach Plaza - great location but we hated the hotel itself and would NEVER stay there again. The previous trip we stayed at Angela's Beach Resort and liked it.

The prices were $85/night for 2 people in a room(one bed) with no kitchen, $110/night for 2 people in a room WITH a kitchen (2 beds) with a $10/pp/night over 2 people. So we paid $130/night for 4 people.

We could walk 2 blocks to the main road along FLL beach , I think it was called A1A ?

We really enjoyed going to the restaurant/bar called Casablancas which was right on the (A1A?) road across from the beach, about a 15 minute walk. The motel suggested going there for nice atmosphere and food/drink. There was an inside/ourside bar and live singing. There were other restaurants/bars on the same street but we didnt visit any of them.

Driving from the airport took about 20 minutes in a cab and cost about $25US, but im sure we could have found a faster route, as we got a cabbie with only 1 month experience that didnt know the are at all (I dont know why,,theres TONS of hotels all around so he should have known).

Driving to the port was about 10-15 mins.

We only booked this accomodation about a month ahead of time. Originially we had wanted 2 rooms, but there was only 1 left, so 2 people from our group stayed at the Sans Souci right across the street for the same $85/night ... They were NOT impressed with that hotel AT ALL, FYI.

Archived