Cruise Desserts

Hobiecat01

After talking about this with friends, I wanted to throw this out to see what everyone's response might be. My experience has been on RCCL (and for Carnival and Princess as well) is that desserts on cruises are beautifully presented but just don't seem to taste as sweet as one's eyes imagine them. Am I just crazy or has anyone else run into this as well??

-------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Carnival and RCCL, I have thought the exact same thing. Generally it is in the buffet areas though. I find that desserts in the MDR are the exception. Last cruise on Carnival they had a chocolate "buffet" and everything looked wonderful, and thats where it ended. Looks can be decieving.

Ditto on the chocolate buffet on Carnival. I love chocolate, but most of those items were either flavorless or it was just chocolate overload. I guess what should I expect at a chocolate buffet. Never the less, won't stand in line for that again; especially since my sugar count is getting high. I do love cheesecake and my absolute favorite is the creme brulee.

Enjoy!

My favourite is the Grand Marnier Souffle on the Navagator of the seas... It was warm and smooth and oh so creamy I'm... sure there was at least a billion calories in one. It was so good, we asked the head waiter what the chances were of getting it again the next night and the next one after that ... you guest it! our table was the only one in the dining room who got Grand Marnier Souffle. Anytime we asked for it!!!

My favourite is the Grand Marnier Souffle on the Navagator of the seas... It was warm and smooth and oh so creamy I'm... sure there was at least a billion calories in one. It was so good, we asked the head waiter what the chances were of getting it again the next night and the next one after that ... you guest it! our table was the only one in the dining room who got Grand Marnier Souffle. Anytime we asked for it!!!

They had the Grand Marnier Souffle on the Oasis too. One of my biggest complaints with the cruise it was the same menu they use on other ships.

I have generally found that the desserts are terrible on cruises, there are some exceptions but it seems to be the foods they put the least effort into.

On the Oasis you could get some really good dessert like real cheesecake, chocolate cake, tarimisu and I think there was something else too at the Mondo (not sure if I spelled it correctly) coffee bar. Otherwise desserts are a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Archived