Camp Carnival

LynnMariesmom

I just cruised the Dream Jan 30 and I only know for the 2-5 yr old group. My kids absolutely loved it! I would bring them at night at 7 when they opened and I would return to order my desert. Camp carnival would also feed the kids if you wanted but we choose to bring them to dinner with us. Every night they would have bring to the room different things they made. They did sand art, candy art, coloring tshirts, handpuppets and backpacks. Lots of art projects. They would also have seaexercise games and music games. They really made it fun for the kids. Some morning it was free times to play with whichever toy your child liked the best. Some nights they had movied and the kids would be laying down watching when we picked them up at 9:45. I know they took the older kids to the shows at 8:30. The staff on the dream was wonderful with the kids. The kids will love it! The Dream is a beautiful ship.

My kids love it. Age breakdown is 2-5, 6-8 and 9-11. She will have to decide if she wants to give the 9's sign in/out privileges. Without them, the kids can't do some of the activies lilke scavenger hunts. It doesn't mean that you can't set rules of your own - like sign out for scavenger hunt ONLY.

The activities are totally age appropriate and range from art, to exercise to reading, to video games to movies to games to free play. They will have a blast. If you read the threads, most kids are begging to go.

They even offer dinner @ 6 before camp begins @ 7 if she wants to take advantage of that.

Each age group had a special newsletter (Camp Carnival Capers) that lists the schedule of activities for the trip.

Here is a link to a compilation of many, many capers. I posted ones from the Pride for all three age groups from 3 weeks ago. Michelle grabbed them and added them to her collection.

These are the top ones on Michelle's album.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/?start=all

We were first time cruisers. Our kids did not go to camp very much but my oldest (9) really liked to go after dinner and stay for the 10 to 12 PM activities. It'll cost you extra for the 10 to 12 PM activities but my oldest enjoyed getting away from the "grown up" stuff for a while.

I did not know if I'd want my 9 year old signing in and out but he was fine. The Pride was an easy ship to navigate and it was hard to get lost.

hb5

My 2 and 4 yr old just LOVED Camp Carnival. They were in the 2-5 group together. We didn't use it as often as they'd have liked us to - they wanted to be there from the moment they woke up till the time they went to bed - and THEN some. The staff was AMAZING (we were on the Liberty). They did things like painted Tshirts and tote bags, did face painting quite often, learned new songs and read books and played games. They always came back with a new song to sing. (My personal fave is Tooty Ta!) They even have a talent show at the end, which my 4 yr old participated in and that was cute.

As someone else mentioned - you can have your kids eat with their friends at 6pm. We only did this one night but wished we done it more often b/c it made for a more relaxing meal for the rest of us. I dropped them off in the area where they met for dinner right at 6pm and then met the rest of my group in the dining room a few min late. (We had early dining). After dinner, Camp Carnival took them back to the kids club and I picked them up a bit before 10p. My girls were much happier to have dinner with their kids and not sit down for 2 hrs each night - wish we'd learned about it sooner and done it more!

Archived