Just off the Sensation and the Freedom

1of5G

DH and I just finished a 3 day Nassau cruise on Sensation and a 6 day Western stopping in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios on Freedom. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

dh and i just finished a 3 day nassau cruise on sensation and a 6 day western stopping in key west, grand cayman, and ocho rios on freedom. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

i just posted on your other cc thread...

Wanted to know about entertainment..cruise director and food

How was the weather in Nassau.. Sailing on the sensation this weekend and afraid that the water will be too cold to swim in...

We sailed on the Sensation on 1-31-2010. On Sunday it was windy,Monday rained all day in Freeport. But Nassau was sunny and about 80 degrees. The water was cool when you got in but you got used to it and was beautiful day for the beach. Hope you have nice weather and a great cruise.

DH and I just finished a 3 day Nassau cruise on Sensation and a 6 day Western stopping in Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios on Freedom. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Sailing on the sensation in oct. for a 3 day cruise also. How was your experience on the sensation? Was it rocking alot, and does the boat look run down? Also, is there alot to do on there. Sorry for alot of questions, but I'm just so curious and excited.:D

Sailing on the sensation in oct. for a 3 day cruise also. How was your experience on the sensation? Was it rocking alot, and does the boat look run down? Also, is there alot to do on there. Sorry for alot of questions, but I'm just so curious and excited.:D

Sensation was completely refurbished in about January 2009, so NO---it doesn't look run down. I cruised on her in January 2010. It did not rock. The most movement we noticed was on the last night, and that was attending one of the shows.

GREAT cruise! We loved it!:D

I have a tendency to sea sickness, is staying on the Main Deck too low, is there a lot of motion? I'm getting a Balcony Room, is the Balcony room on the Main Deck very close to the ocean, so if I'm sitting on the Balcony, I'll get wet? Sailing on March 7th, is water pretty cold in the Bahamas?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

i just posted on your other cc thread...

Wanted to know about entertainment..cruise director and food

We enjoyed the nightly shows and saw all but one on both cruises. I liked the shows on the Sensation better. We also saw one of the adult comedy shows on the Freedom. He was funny. The Sensation CD was not memorable, the Freedom CD, however, was and his names was Filipe. He was funny.

We enjoyed the food on both cruises and tried the supper club on the Freedom. It was superb.

I can provide you with more specifics if you are interested.

How was the weather in Nassau.. Sailing on the sensation this weekend and afraid that the water will be too cold to swim in...

We did'nt go in the water for fear of the same thing. The reports leading up to our trip were not favorable, but as it turned out, it was beautiful.

The last evening we felt some rocking during the theatre show but that was all. It was nothing serious. The ship was recently in drydock and looked beautiful. It did not show its age at all. It was very well kept and clean. We did the "Behind The Fun" tour. You should try to do that on the last sea day. Very insightful. Lots to do. You will not get board.

How did you like the Freedom. Food, entertainment, cabins? Please tell me your pros and cons. We are considering March, 2010. That or the Miracle.:confused:

We enjoyed it alot. The only issue I had is that the Posh Dining Room is hard to get to, but once you figure that out, your'e fine. The Serenity Deck is real nice. Adults only, and quiet. The supper club was excellent. It was the first time we tried a supper club, but we though it was well worth the extra $30 per person. Food in the dining room and buffets were also good. Room service is spotty. You have to be very specific with your order and the order card in your room or you won't get any cream and sugar! We had an inside cabin on deck 9. I loved the proximity to the pool and outside. Our cabin was always clean and our steward took very good care of us. The entertainment was good and there was also some adult comedy available a couple of nights.

we will be on the Freedom Oct 31st cant wait.. are there any things that stood out to you the most?

We loved the supper club and felt it was way worth the extra $30 per person. It was, however, our first supper club experience.

I have a tendency to sea sickness, is staying on the Main Deck too low, is there a lot of motion? I'm getting a Balcony Room, is the Balcony room on the Main Deck very close to the ocean, so if I'm sitting on the Balcony, I'll get wet? Sailing on March 7th, is water pretty cold in the Bahamas?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

They say that the best place to feel the least movement is halfway up and in the middle. You won't get wet, but a main deck balcony is certainly closer than an upper. Personally, I would try to get at least an upper deck balcony, midship. I did'nt go in the water in Nassau. You might check the Bahamas thread about March weather.

Another question....since they added the adults only Serenity area on the Freedom, is the Endless Pool area in the back of the Lido deck still adults only too?

On my capers it says the aft pool and spa is for adults only (+18 only)

Archived