St. Thomas with a 2 yr old..what to do

fllcruiser78

We will be in St. Thomas March 3rd. It will be myself my husband and our 2 yr old daughter and we were wondering what to do. Something we would both enjoy. As far as taxis go I have been reading they are 10 each way. So that means they would charge even for our 2 yr old? Also, I was wondering about an island tour. Would we also pay for that times 3 or just for the adults? What do you guys suggest. We will be doing beach days in bahamas and prob in Grand Turk so we dont nessasarily need another beach day if there is better stuff to do. Thanks in advance

We have been to St Thomas 3 or 4 times. We went to Coral World when my daughter was about 1. It's not bad, but the website is deceiving. I think a 2 year-old would enjoy it more than our 1 year old, just because they would be able to understand and pay attention more. I thought that there was another aquarium type place near Magen's Bay, but I can't find anything.

My in-laws did an eco hike on St. John a few years ago, and really enjoyed it, but it is a hike.

You could just use the day to enjoy the ship, as most people will get off, and you could have access to some of the amenities without huge crowds!

We will be in St. Thomas March 3rd. It will be myself my husband and our 2 yr old daughter and we were wondering what to do. Something we would both enjoy.

I was recently in St. Thomas; my dh and ds (2.5 years old) stayed behind while me and my mom went on a sail/snorkel trip. I asked dh what they did and how ds liked it:

They went on the aerial tram - not a big hit, plus a lot of stairs to carry the kid up. But almost no waiting time, and ds wasn't scared, just not particularly impressed with the view, etc.

Took an open-air shuttle to Magen's Bay and back - ds fell asleep.

If they'd had more energy, would have gone to the Butterfly World, which was recommended by both tram workers and local info people. So, I'd suggest you look into that.

Thanks for the suggestions. I leave in 6 days and am still unsure what to do. Maybe just walk around the shops? Or take a tour with a tour guide. Those are the 2 things Im deciding on now. This is our first cruise so I def want to get off the boat and see the new places.

Hi I was in St. Thomas 2 years ago and we went on a tour with Godfrey he has his on website godfreytours.com and he was great he has different one to chose from matter of fact were going again on Norwegian Pearl in just a few days and booked again with godfrey he was that much fun.:) and we felt safe.he has one where is drops you off to shop for a while, then back on his tour bus for a great tour, then to the beach.:cool: I think that would be great with little ones! not to long for anyone and you can pick the time you want to go. have fun:o

Archived