Where to Dive in Grand Cayman?

HapiCruzr

We will be on the Norwegian Sun the second week in February stopping at Grand Cayman. Can anyone recommend a dive operator in Grand Cayman? Could you also share your Grand Cayman diving experiences.......both good and bad?

We just booked with Neptune's Divers (www.neptunesdivers.com) for the Grand Caymans for our cruise in April. They seemed very flexible and we're looking forward to our dives with them.

You will be so pleased with them, Casey and Keith are just fantastic! I dove withthem on my HAL cruise this past summer, and there were only 5 of us on the dive boat. They let you dive your computer and you don't have to follow the DM if you choose not to. GC has a rule allowing only one boat per dive site-- I much preferred this to Cozumel, where it was so overcrowded underwater. You will have a great time with Neptune!!

Nikki

We just booked with Neptune's Divers (www.neptunesdivers.com) for the Grand Cayman for our cruise in April. They seemed very flexible and we're looking forward to our dives with them.
I went out with them last March. Very good operator, flexible scheduling for cruisers, non-crowded dive boat, you get some say as to the dive sites, and all around nice people. I would have liked a freshwater rinse bucket for my camera and you might want to bring a snack for the surface interval as they only provide water.

If weather permits, I'd want to do a North wall dive followed by stingray city. If the wind is from the north, that won't happen.

Bruce's Grand Cayman underwater photo gallery.

Bruce, you have some great pictures! What type of camera do you have? I will be diving for the first time ever in Grand Cayman's with Eden Rock and am looking forward to bringing back some memorable underwater photos of the caves and fish. Do you have any disposable underwater cameras that you would reccommend? Thanks

If weather permits, I'd want to do a North wall dive followed by stingray city. If the wind is from the north, that won't happen.

Yep, that's why we chose them, we're hoping to do just that! :) Thanks for the hint about bringing a snack, we'll make sure to do that.

Bruce, you have some great pictures! What type of camera do you have? I will be diving for the first time ever in Grand Cayman's with Eden Rock and am looking forward to bringing back some memorable underwater photos of the caves and fish. Do you have any disposable underwater cameras that you would reccommend? Thanks
Thank you.

I have an Olympus c5050 in the Olympus housing. It is a 5 megapixel digital camera. I previously used a 2 megapixel Canon powershot A20 and got some pretty good photos from it too, but it didn't have the degree of manual control I grew to want, so I upgraded. I still use the A20 when I just want a point and shoot camera. Digideep.com is and excellent site if you have a digital camera and want to find out if there is a housing for it, or if you are thinking of getting a camera and you want to be sure there is a housing for it before you buy. The housings from Canon and Olympus are reasonably priced and decent quality. They will also protect your camera from sand or getting splashed.

As for recommending a disposable camera, I'd look for one that had a flash. Even when the water is crystal clear and it is a sunny day, you won't get much color other than blue in your photos unless you supply the light. Water filters out lots of the color from sunlight. The first to be filtered out is red, that is why red things look brown when you get below 25 ft.

I had some great diving in general in Grand Cayman, the under world is just fantastic, is like flying over the Andes mountains.

My 1st time was with FOSTERS and they are great, they don't push you for time, relax is the name of the game, you get your full time allowed by PADI Tables and they mean bottom time not like RED SAIL they start counting from the time the 1st diver hits the water and he is waitting for the others to jump in so on a 80 FT dive you end up with a 15 minute bottom time 5 minutes going down and 8 going up trying to get the people to go back up as most are surprised, the rest was waitting to decend, and all this so they can get back to shore to pick another load of divers, and then if you see a turtle they won't let you get near it with in 50 ft., or more to look at it, or take a picture.

Cancunspy

Archived