Beach BBQ

Ajbike

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on the Windsurf from Barbados on March 14th, does anyone know which island the beach BBQ is usually on? I don't want to book anything on that day.

Thanks,

We were on the southbound in December and it was set up on the beach on Pigeon Island. We took the Catamaran to the Pitons (a very nice sail with a swimming/snorkel stop on the way back). We got off on the dock when we returned and walked right over to the BBQ. The water sports platform crew even brought over the trampoline/slide. All in all, a very nice day.

I was going to book a Tree top canopy adventure, but I will hold off as we do not want to miss the BBQ.

Thanks Again

You are very welcome. I don't think the timing of your tour (unless the hours are strange) should impact the ability to enjoy the BBQ. Is it a Wind Star tour?

The BBQ had been running for sometime before we got back and it was still going when we returned to the ship.

We had a great time on this trip and I posted a full review in the member reviews section. We really liked Wind Star a lot. They did a great job.

Have a great cruise.

IMHO the Pigeon Is beach party was ruined by the loud steel band that played nearly the entire time.

Maybe they were closer to the serving line than on our cruise. I remember them being on a small terrace area and the food was down closer to the water. We then ate water side and, while we could certainly hear the band, it was not so loud as to interrupt normal conversation. Perhaps the choice of where you sit might make the difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Surf for two weeks, so went to Pigeon Island BBQ twice.

People took the excursions and then went to the BBQ when they came back - they expect some will be coming back to eat a bit later. Lots of food, very good, so you should have no problem going on your excursion and not missing the food - they know you are returning later.

The food line was away from the steel band, but the chairs were set up right under where the band was playing, and although enjoyable, was a bit loud after awhile.

I was slightly disappointed in the beach there, as it wasn't very big, had some stones in the water, and could get crowded with people and the sailboats and kayaks that were brought off the ship. I think some of the other cruise lines like Princess and Holland have their own islands, which look a lot nicer and more beach area and more private, because this beach is basically open to the public, who pay to get in. They try to divert the locals to the other little beaches, but are not always successful.

Still, the BBQ is nice, and also there is time to go down to Castries in a taxi, and still come back for the BBQ.

M

Archived