How much money to bring on a cruise?

krnplcd

We do the same as some of the other posters. We think through our days and set aside the cash we think we may need, put it in envelopes and lock it away in the cabin safe or our luggage until we need it.

1. How many times do we think we'll order room service..couple $$ tip for each of those.

2. Extra tip $$ for our cabin steward(s)

3. Extra tip $$ for staff who have been exceptional

4. $$ for each port, depending on what we plan to do....private shore excursion will be paid in cash, taxis, drinks at the beach, lunch, souvenirs.

5. $$ for trip home.

If you are on a tight budget, this is the best way to keep your spending in check. I would also encourage you to check your ship account each day to keep track of your spending. Those bar drinks can add up FAST!!

Have a great cruise!!

I thought I was the only one who divided up my cash into envelopes, each labeled with words like: Cabin Tips, port beers, souvenirs, other tips, airport snacks, taxi/tip. You're right that it really helps in keeping track of expenditures.

But we also take travelers checks which we can cash at Purser's desk if we need more money, like for souvenirs from ports or if we've used a tram or bus we didn't plan on.

Let 's make this simple, American Express and another credit card with

lots of credit to be available. Wish I was kidding but I am not.

Having Fun on NCL= $$$$$$$

Enjoy the crowds and freestyle, LOL

Now Rich, it is not "$$$$$$$" for us...you can spend alot on specialty restaurants OR nothing, you can spend alot on pics OR nothing, you can spend alot on drinks OR nothing, you can spend alot on NCL tours OR nothing...it is all about choices. Some cruises we spend more than others, depending on what our finances look like. Personally, I have cruised for a week and had a great time and spend next to nothing!

Let 's make this simple, American Express and another credit card with

lots of credit to be available. Wish I was kidding but I am not.

Having Fun on NCL= $$$$$$$

Enjoy the crowds and freestyle, LOL

But the OP asked how much CASH to bring. I don't think you use your credit card for the taxi driver, for tips, etc.

Archived