Norwegian Gem - difference in cabins DD and EE

windsor55

I've booked cruise on board of Norwegian Gem starting 15 May 2010 from Venice. In Reservation Confirmation the cabin category is mentioned as DD GTY (deck 5). However, when I got cabin number from the Agent, I visited NCL site and it appeared that the cabin is on the deck 5 but the category is EE. Actually from the plan I couldn't find any difference (except of close location of EE cabin to the lifts). Both are oceanview with the same facilities. But I think if the cruise operator gives different category to the cabins, there should be dfference. Can anybody comment the situation? Accept the booking or insist on DD if EE worse?

I've booked cruise on board of Norwegian Gem starting 15 May 2010 from Venice. In Reservation Confirmation the cabin category is mentioned as DD GTY (deck 5). However, when I got cabin number from the Agent, I visited NCL site and it appeared that the cabin is on the deck 5 but the category is EE. Actually from the plan I couldn't find any difference (except of close location of EE cabin to the lifts). Both are oceanview with the same facilities. But I think if the cruise operator gives different category to the cabins, there should be dfference. Can anybody comment the situation? Accept the booking or insist on DD if EE worse?

EE is a "lower" class cabin than DD. But they are the same cabin - just in different locations. Sometimes there is no price difference... but usually a slight one. What makes me curious, however, is that you mentioned "GTY" in the description. A guaranteed room is typically the lowest rate for any given room-type (EG: inside, outside, balcony, suite). So, if it ws booked as a guarantee they can place you in any level room of that type. Either way, I'd call back the TA and ask for their clarification. :confused:

Curious to find out what the deal is... post back!

Thanks Linda! Actually I asked TA to clarify, but no comments by e-mail. Tried to call, but the line is always busy:confused:. So at the moment I have: a) booking confirmation fm TA with DD GTY; b) later from the TA - the number of the cabin, which appeared EE category; c) reply fm TA on my enquiry that it was mistake and in true I have EE category; d) silance against my request to comment the difference in EE and DD cabin. Today I checked the booking on NCL site and it is mentioned that my category is EE upgraded from H:eek: But I never negotiated H cabin and from the very beginning asked for DD GTY.

One funny thing: it is true, EE cabin is lower then DD according to current classification of cabin categories, but it appeared higher in classification for 2011 season (according to NCL web site)! So I think it is really the same cabins. But anyway will try to clarify with TA:)

Yuriy

Thanks Linda! Actually I asked TA to clarify, but no comments by e-mail. Tried to call, but the line is always busy:confused:. So at the moment I have: a) booking confirmation fm TA with DD GTY; b) later from the TA - the number of the cabin, which appeared EE category; c) reply fm TA on my enquiry that it was mistake and in true I have EE category; d) silance against my request to comment the difference in EE and DD cabin. Today I checked the booking on NCL site and it is mentioned that my category is EE upgraded from H:eek: But I never negotiated H cabin and from the very beginning asked for DD GTY.

One funny thing: it is true, EE cabin is lower then DD according to current classification of cabin categories, but it appeared higher in classification for 2011 season (according to NCL web site)! So I think it is really the same cabins. But anyway will try to clarify with TA:)

Yuriy

NCL also has upgrade promotions going on right now, so could be that you qualified for that. I am curious to find out!

Archived