Miami - Days Inn Downtown/Port

last_mango

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel?

We have splurged on our cruise, so we are trying to keep our pre-cruise hotel costs down. I found this hotel and booked it direct for less than $50 per night, and they offer an airport shuttle and shuttle to the pier. It sounds too good to be true. And you know how the saying goes....

So I'm wondering if this is a decent place. I've never stayed at a Days Inn before, but I'm not expecting anything resembling luxury - I just would like a clean, safe room. If anyone has stayed there, I would appreciate your input.

we have used days inn downtown (the one near the hospital) twice. the facility is ok if you just plan to stay there for one night. we were not too sure about the neighborhood and so we did not venture out of the hotel. they do have a nice little friendly restaurant on site. they also offer free ride to the bayside market (i think thats the name of it) and thats where we went to spent the day.

this hotel is a 2 stars at the most. but for one night, what the heck. yes they do offer free airport and port rides and is savings of more than $50 if you have to get a taxi to the hotel and taxi to the port.

we are thinking of using it again when we cruise in nov/2005.

hope this helps.

i checked the daysinn website, the daysinn airport is the same price and they also offer free transportation to and from airport and port of miami. from the website, it seems to be a better motel. i probably will book this one instead. by the way, i do not want to bid on priceline because the price may be cheaper, but it the hotel does not offer free transportation, it adds up $$$.

if you do book daysinn airport or downtown, please post after your cruise so that i know if i should book again.

so when will be you cruising? so that i can watch for your comments after your return.

have a great time cruising.

We stayed in this hotel, Day's Inn, across from the hospital in 12/03. Our flight arrived late (close to midnight) so we missed the last hotel shuttle. We had to take a taxi. The taxi driver told us not to venture out of the hotel after dark. She said the area was not safe.

As for the hotel itself, it was run down, the mattresses were very old and not comfortable. The room itself was clean. The restaurant downstairs wasn't bad. We just got there, went to sleep, got up early, had breakfast, and then took the free shuttle to the pier.

Would I stay there again - probably not. I had a terrible nights sleep, and was nervous about the area. I think that there are probably better places to stay that offer the free shuttles. People have great luck on Priceline, and if I cruise out of Miami again, I will probably go that route. Just my honest opinion.

Good luck and happy cruising!

Melissa:)

Archived