Oasis cabin 6139 or 3184.....which one would you choose????

Hi everyone! I posted a poll on the main boards about this but was looking for additional comments about these cabin locations. The two cabins that I'm considering are an inside L category 6139 and an outside I category 3184. Both cabins are connecting cabins as that is all that is all that is currently available in these categories. Actually there is very little left to choose from.

My concern with cabin 6139 is that it backs up to the Vitality at Sea Spa. Has anyone stayed in a cabin in this area and liked or not liked it? Did you experience noise or disruptions due to the spa behind the cabins? I'm just wondering when it opens and how noisy that it could be during the morning hours. I am a late night person and like to sleep in. Basically what I'm saying is that you won't see me during the breakfast hours.:p;):D

My concern with cabin 3184 is that it is lower and away from everything. Also I wasn't sure if events or meetings in the conference center would interfere with my cabin. My other concern was noise from the anchor. Has anyone stayed in cabins in this location and not been happy?

I only have till Monday and have to decide by tomorrow so would really appreciate everyone's thoughts about these two cabin locations.:)

Hey, Sandy, how are you? Haven't spoken with you in a while and hope you and the boys are doing well.

We are doing fine. Hoping to be on either Oasis or Allure in April 2011 for Jason's bar mitzvah cruise (we are forgoing a party so we can cruise instead). Have you been on Oasis yet? We had to cancel the trip with the Coconuts for 10/30 due to Barry being laid off since April.

Again, hoping all is well with you. If any of your contacts on the ships have any information on the CP view cabins (w/o balconies) I'd appreciate it. That is what we're looking for.

Is your request for the October cruise or another one? When are you cruising again?

Be well. Janet.

Hi Janet! It's great to see your post.:D I haven't been on the Oasis yet so I am very much looking forward to it. We are going to miss you guys in Oct/Nov. Maybe your lotto numbers will come in and you will join us for Oct/Nov. There is quite a few of us that are doing the B2B for Oct/Nov and a few doing the last week of Oct only.

I'll see what I can find out for you on the CP view cabins but most of my friends on the ship are in other departments. However there is one facilities manager that I may be able to get the low down from but will have to wait till he is gets to the Oasis. What would you like to know?

I'm trying to get the info for my upcoming cruise in Oct/Nov. No one that I know has any info on the cabins in this area and I'm having trouble deciding what to go with. I wanted to go with a BV balcony but no way am I going to pay over $4000 to have a simple BV balcony cabin to myself.:eek:

So far for this year I've got 2 weeks in April booked on the Voyager, 1 week in July on the Liberty, a B2B2B on the Monarch in Sept, and then the B2B on the Oasis in Oct/Nov. I'm thinking of adding a New Years sailing for Dec but haven't decided on what ship yet.:)

Boy, you sure have some wonderful trips planned for the year.

Basically, I'm just trying to find out if they are indeed the 199 sf that is listed and if any one location is better than another for the quads (I've seen that there are some visual obstructions for some of the CP view cabins so I'd like to avoid them).

I agree spending $4000 for a balcony by yourself is crazy. I think you'll be fine anywhere but I understand your concerns about wanting quiet during the day hours since you're a night owl!

Hi Janet! Okay I've done some research on this. The cabins are 199 sq feet as listed and any cabin that has a sofa bed has the main beds by the bath/closet and the sofa bed by the window/balcony/back wall for insides. I'll see what I can find out for you as far as obstructions.;)

Now I'm trying to find out what the bed configuration is for rooms with two pullmans. I'm assuming all the beds are against the back wall but would love someone that knows to chime in here. I did see inside pictures of the Vitality Spa and it appears that the galley for the cafe would run against the back wall of the cabin that I was considering on deck 6. It would be great if someone could confirm this as accurate or not.:) My concern would be that they would be busy clanging dishes and making other noise when I'm trying to get my beauty sleep.:p:D

ANYONE with ANY info on these cabin locations........port/left side inside cabins on deck 6 alongside the Vitality Spa.........and the outside view cabins on deck 3...........PLEASE chime in here.:cool:

Hi Janet! Okay I've done some research on this. The cabins are 199 sq feet as listed and any cabin that has a sofa bed has the main beds by the bath/closet and the sofa bed by the window/balcony/back wall for insides. I'll see what I can find out for you as far as obstructions.;)

Sandy, you totally rock!!! Thanks. Now that I have some confirmation that it is indeed 199 sf, I think we'll be fine. The ones that we are interested in are the quad cabins, so that would mean that the pullman comes down above the sofa bed at the far end of the cabin.

Thanks so much. I hope someone can help you with your dilemma. Now if the school would only put out the 2010/2011 calendar!!! :p

Archived