A beach near the port?

VaBeachCruisers897

Is there a beach near the cruise port or a short cab away? Not really looking for the best beach on the island. Just a nice beach.

The closest beach would be at the Divi Divi Flamingo Hotel or the Plaza Hotel. Neither has much of a sandy beach, but I'd say the Plaza's is larger.

You could easily walk to the Divi in about 10 minutes. The Plaza is just past the Divi.

Thanks YoPhilly.... Are the beaches public or do you need to work something out with the hotel...

Also, do you remember when the whole Yo Philadelphia thing started.... I remember going to the event near Penns Landing but I forgot exactly what year it was.... I think around '90 but im not sure :D

The hotels do charge you for use of their facilities. I don't remember exactly - I think the Divi may have been $10. It seems reasonable to me.

I don't know what Yo Philadelphia event you are referring to. The "Yo" is classic Philly. Remember Rocky? "Yo Adrienne!!!"

• 1 month later...

The closest beach would be at the Divi Flamingo Hotel. 3-5 minute walk. With your back to the ship it will be on the right. There is a $10 cover charge per adult and $5 per child under 12. It includes use of facilities, chairs and one complementary fruit punch per person. When you get to the entrance there is a nice lady from the hotel selling entrance passes. Make sure you keep your orange stub because security sometimes walks around and checks it, if you do not have one you will have to pay again.:)

• 1 month later...
The closest beach would be at the Divi Flamingo Hotel. 3-5 minute walk. With your back to the ship it will be on the right. There is a $10 cover charge per adult and $5 per child under 12. It includes use of facilities, chairs and one complementary fruit punch per person. When you get to the entrance there is a nice lady from the hotel selling entrance passes. Make sure you keep your orange stub because security sometimes walks around and checks it, if you do not have one you will have to pay again.:)

We went to Souribon beach around 10 mins in a taxi, soft sand ,qauint beach bar with good food, great service and huge portions. The water was shallow and clear, you could try your hand at wind surfing or just laze around on beach loungers. All in all a very relaxing day. We paid $10 for 2 loungers and a shade they did have a massage shack but too lazy to try it. Hope you have a great time:)

Archived