Glory 2/28/10 info

fllcruiser78

Hi, everyone. My family and I are traveling on the Glory on the 28th in less then a week. This is our first cruise and I would like some insight on what exactly Ill be doing. So what from Ive read so far on these forums or in my itinerary is we will be able to board the ship around 1pm. Our luggae gets taken minus our carry on. We then take our carry on around with us until our room is ready. Ive read something about people going to the buffet while they are waiting for their rooms? How do you know when your room is ready? Then after you get into your room they drop your luggage off at the door? Is camp carnival open the first night? Any other info you think might be important Id like to know about also. Thanks is advance!

Hi, everyone. My family and I are traveling on the Glory on the 28th in less then a week. This is our first cruise and I would like some insight on what exactly Ill be doing. So what from Ive read so far on these forums or in my itinerary is we will be able to board the ship around 1pm. Our luggae gets taken minus our carry on. We then take our carry on around with us until our room is ready. Ive read something about people going to the buffet while they are waiting for their rooms? How do you know when your room is ready? Then after you get into your room they drop your luggage off at the door? Is camp carnival open the first night? Any other info you think might be important Id like to know about also. Thanks is advance!

• You can board the ship anytime after 11:30 - Noon ish
  • We learned this our first cruise...also on the Glory; head to the Lido Deck for some GREAT Food
  • Rooms are ready by 1:00 - 1:30 ish; check it periodically
  • Luggage takes awhile from the porter so it should arrive before you leave port or before dinner time, take an extra pair of clothes for dinner just in case
  • Camp Carnival - I'm not sure
  • The Glory is an amazing ship, my first ship on Carnival and my favorite; take advantage of the Supper Club, Try the Sushi, It's a big ship so get used to it; ride the elevators...
  • take tons of photos
  • enjoy your cruise!

We are going on the same cruise (can't wait) We always get to the port very early.. 10:30 or 11 and are usually the first on board. I can't speak to the kids program. There will be a buffet ready when you board. There is also a fish and chips station, someone will tell you how to get to it, it's usually further back than the lido buffet area..not many people realize it is there.. You can hang around the lido deck, explore the ship, check to see if your dining table has been assigned. Go check 20 times to see if your cabin is ready lol...sometimes your luggage does not show up until after 5 (or even later, so I have heard) but we have never had that happen.. usually by 3. Make sure you have bathing suits, cover-ups and flip flops in your carry on, especially for the kids, although I don't think the pool is actually open then. Bars will be open for sure. It's fun to just familiarize yourself with the ship, get a map from the staff. Find the showroom, your dining room, the kids areas..Sail away will happen before you know it!! Happy Sailing!!

Hope you have a good time on your first cruise.

I think 1pm is the suggested time by Carnival to start boarding. We usually try to get to the port arond 10:30 to 11am (for a 4pm or 6pm Depart time) and usually on th eship by 11:30 to noon. The buffet wil be open.

You can tell when your rooms are ready when they open the hallway doors.

You are correct in luggage gets taken except for carryon. Make sure you carry on any medicine, change of clothes for dinning.

I am ususally on Lido deck with my first DOD by noon.

Happy cruising.

Archived