Sleeping Arrangement Ideas???

tmm249

I just wanted to see what ideas other people may have or what they may have done. Here is our situation...We have booked a balcony cabin with a queen bed and double pull out sofa. We are taking our 2 children, 18 months and 3 yrs. Both of them are still sleeping in a crib (3 yr old loves his bed and doesn't want to get a new one, but the time is coming!!) They are both very tall for their age, and seem to be too tall for the pack-n-play crib provided by the ship. For them to get a good nights sleep- sleeping together on the sofa won't work, they both wiggle a lot. My idea was for my husband and I to each take a child and a bed.

Would I need to bring along travel bed rails to place up on the side? Would it be better to bring some type of blow up mattress for on the floor? Am I just over thinking this?? :confused:

Thanks for any ideas!!!

Lol, I don't think I would want to be the one sleeping in a pull out sofa with a squirming 3yr old for a week! We have a 2yr old who does fine on the pull out sofas. She sleeps in a regular bed at home, but even when she was still in a crib she did fine on the pull out. They are really low to the ground so was not worried about her falling out or needing rails. We just stuck some extra pillows on the sides and called it good. I would go with the pack 'n play for the 18 month old. One thing to consider though is with the sofa bed out it might be really tight getting a pack 'n play into a regular balcony cabin. Not sure what line you are on, but you might look at mini-suites to gain a little more floor space.

Archived