Getting married on the DREAM

holydad

My daughter is getting married on the Dream on April 10 - before we leave the port. So far it's been a fairly painless experience. We know the wedding will be at 1:00; we have the deluxe romance package (or whatever it's called) - an hour and a half reception and it will be in the disco with a DJ. They've been very willing to answer all questions and help out whenever we need it, so I've been very happy so far.

My brother got married on the Spirit before we left port. It was great because you could let people come to the wedding and reception who weren't actually cruising with you (but I would have hated to be one of the people who had to get off the ship!)

I thought Carnival did a very nice job - especially considering how high maintenance my sister in law is!

Congratulations and enjoy!

When i was on the dream last month i seen a couple going to there reception it was around 1pm in the crimson dinning room they had a area for receptions that the Bride and Groom went in to and celebrated there wedding looked like there was a cake and a few tables. It was a closed off area. I was in the crimson trying to talk to the matre d about our dining room table changes that needed to be made so that was why I was there waiting to talk to the maitre d.:rolleyes:

My daughter is getting married on the Dream on April 10 - before we leave the port. So far it's been a fairly painless experience. We know the wedding will be at 1:00; we have the deluxe romance package (or whatever it's called) - an hour and a half reception and it will be in the disco with a DJ. They've been very willing to answer all questions and help out whenever we need it, so I've been very happy so far.

We are doing the same package

Both of our daughters were married on Carnival cruise ships. One was on the Glory and the other on the Legend. Carnival did an outstanding job both times! Cannot say enough good things about our experience. Our friends all thought this was the most fun wedding they had attended. Sure helped to have a 7 day cruise to enjoy afterwards.

Wedding dept had us arrive at the port at 10am you will be the first group to board once the ship is cleared by customs. They confirm the wedding location and time a fews weeks before the crusie. We had guest that cruised with us after the wedding and some who just got on board for the wedding.(they were ALL sorry they were not going with us,many had never cruised and had no idea what it would be like)

Both weddings took place on the ship on sail day before the ship left port. We also did the the hour and half reception. The ice carving was very pretty, food very good, and lots of drinks for all. I would also recomend the video we have so enjoyed watching it again and again. Staff on the ship each time were FANTASTIC!

I think a Dream wedding would be great! Congratulations!

Our son and his fiancee are getting married while we are on the dream which leaves port on july 17 for us. They hired a wedding planner and they are getting married on the beach in st thomas where they will also have the reception for all the guest who will be there. Apparently there will be quite a few of their friends there along with our families, I think it was a great choice, more time without the rushing getting on the ship. We are really looking foward to it! We did our first cruise when we got married on the Mardi Gras and became addicted! Gosh how things have changed on cruises now! We just might do another cruise for our 34 anniversary this dec..yep a christmas wedding :)

My wife and I were married on Freedom Jan. '09. We did it while still at port so family who werent going on the cruise were able to attend. We had the wedding at 1pm then had the reception in the big dining area. Then we went with the photographer throughout the ship for pictures and got ready to sail. It was fun and very nicely organized.

Oh ya as far as getting on the ship there was no rush at all. We were able to get into the VIP line and were the first ones to board the ship. My wife wanted to not see each other that day til the actual wedding and Carnival was very accommodating with that.

We got married and while it was an experience I'll never forget it wasn't perfect. There were small things like the planner not removing the cover from the piano in the cigar bar on the Victory. It was half covered in all of our photos. ALSO, you can't have a professional photographer you have to use the photog on the ship, who is not terrible, but not great either. The photographs were outrageously expensive for the same shots you'd get from a Wal-Mart photo center. We have some family photos and 4 5X7's we bought at 10 dollars a piece from the photog. The worst is that the photographer we worked with wouldn't let us choose the size we wanted in any of the photos. He printed them in the size HE wanted to print them in and said, Here you can pick what you want, Here's the list of our prices and packages. When we asked if we could get one of the 8X10's in the 5X7 size he said, "No we don't do resizing" Except they pictures are all digital and can be put on a CD for you if you want. Soooo... WHY exactly can't you reprint one of these picures for us? It was a big ripoff.

In the end we are married legally, so I can't complain too much. The ceremony was standard and there was a cake and a champagne toast, not that we have any photographic evidence. We will be having another ceremony sometime in the future. Maybe for our 5 or 10 year anniversary we'll renew our vows and have a big ceremony for all of our friends and family and be able to choose ALL the details.

I was pre-warned about the prices of the photography pictures and was told to wait til the next to last day to bargain a price. We were able to get several pictures along with a dvd and disc of the pictures we choose for around $500.

My husband and I got married on the Glory in Canaveral Oct 2008. I would recommend it to anyone who ISN'T a control freak. Its a lot of just following directions and going with the flow. I was really glad to just let someone else take care of all the details. We loved it and wouldn't of changed a thing. There is a whole message board under special interest cruising that will give you a lot of advice!

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting married on the Carnival Dream on May 11th at St. Thomas. We are really looking forward to it. As a general question, does Carnival have a place set aside for the bride to get ready at the wedding site? We are trying to work this out with our coordinator and she doesn't know and neither does the coordinator at the Lime Tree beach resort. I would think that this would be a standard question. She doesn't want to get ready on the ship, drive to the courthouse, and then to the site all in her dress.

Son and to be daughter inlaw are getting "married" on emerald beach while on carnival dream. I believe they have decided to go to a justice of the peace to get married , so that they wont have to deal with court house in st thomas. The hotel where emerald beach is providing a couple of rooms for the bride to have her hair done, along with another room for the groom and best man, who is my husband and sons dad :) There will be about 20-30 people on the ship who will be at the wedding. I guess after they talked about getting the license in st thomas, and how hot it will be in july there, they think getting married in nc where they live would save time and not being sweaty..Im ok with whatever they do, to me the only bad cruise is not being able to go on a cruise :rolleyes: I do know they didnt want to deal with getting married on the ship, sometimes, not always, it just seems to rushed and its more expensive.

We will be getting married April 10th in New Orleans while at port. Carnival has assigned us with a coordinator, Gina, who seems to be awesome. She has called a couple times to see if I have any questions and let me know when she needs certain paperwork. There is a packet that can be printed off of the website that is very helpful, as well as, one that she emailed me. It answers almost every imaginable question. I have went with the package for 20 ppl. The price is not bad for all that is included: 1 1/2 hour open bar, food, etc. I did purchase my own flowers because I wanted more than what was offered, and I am okay with using fake ones. I have read several reviews. I do think that the pic are expensive, but Gina said that I can have my family take pics and even videos. So, I have bought disposable cameras to have sitting on the tables as well as telling everyone to take lots for me. My parents are recording and I have a friend recording with my camcorder as well. They said it can't be professional equipment or on a tripod. I have decided to not use the DJ (who plays only top 40 music, no request) instead a sound and lighting man, who will play music that I bring. I have also purchased personalized napkins (orientaltrading.com) that were inexpensive and a few other reception favors. From the pictures that I have seen, and the reviews from other brides, I am already very pleased with how Carnival handles their onboard weddings and so far, I have no regrets. As a matter of fact, I am sooo excited I can't stand it!!!:D

My first cruise was our friends wedding cruise on the Inspiration. It was really nice. Nice getting on the ship first. Aside from 20 minutes sitting in the terminal waiting to board we really didn't have to stand in any lines or anything. We were on, and the bride and groom had some time to do a rehersal so the rest of us went to the Lido deck and ate some buffet yumminess. :) We even had time to explore the ship while they got ready and though were on at 11 the wedding didn't happen until 1. The wedding was nice and simple...

The reception for hers was in one of the club areas. Nice ice sculpture... We had sushi and several other appetizer items and it was open bar. The drinks were flowing for the next hour and a half.. let me tell you. I had about 6 fun ships back to back... By the time the muster drill started I was feeling it... couldn't tell you what was said as I was too busy being choked by my lifejacket (I rarely drink!) lol .

There were quite a few people in our group that left before we embarked. About 10 of us stayed through the cruise. We all ate together every night at table 100, which we were told was the Captains table.. but I never saw the captain. lol Maybe it's just a distinguished spot cause it's in the middle right at the doorway... behind the maitre de.

You DO need to go to the Love and Marriage game... at least on our cruise... the newlyweds were part of the game... very cute...

During the reception they DID start calling for the bride to come to the guest service desk a few times, which is totally messed up... but come to find she had a diving knife in her checked luggage. LOL SOOOOOO if you dont' want your reception interuppted... dont' bring anything dangerous. :)

To all who are getting married, congratz. May GOD bless your blissful and happy life together. I would appreciate all input and information from your weddings, as mine is not until August. I would also like to find out about the D.J. We paid for a deejay but we would like to bring our own music. Will he play our music? Do to the fact that we like classic R&B and classic hip-hip and gospel.:):):):):):)

To all who are getting married, congratz. May GOD bless your blissful and happy life together. I would appreciate all input and information from your weddings, as mine is not until August. I would also like to find out about the D.J. We paid for a deejay but we would like to bring our own music. Will he play our music? Do to the fact that we like classic R&B and classic hip-hip and gospel.:)

My coordinator told me that the DJ only plays top 40 music. No request :(

You can book the sound and lighting guy for the same price, but they will play the music that you bring. I was informed that putting the music on an ipod was the best way, because some recorded CDs do not play in their system. I am gonna bring both, i think the CD would be easier if it works.

Archived