How is Richard Spacy doing?

Larry5440

We loved him on the Freedom and unfortunately did not get to see him on our recent cruise on the Oasis in early January. Curious about how people feel and think about him as a CD. :)

I am one of those folks who don't normally care about who our CD is, but after having Richard Spacey on Freedom a few years ago, I totally changed my mind! He was an absolute riot! I hope he is still onboard Oasis when we sail in July!

I am one of those folks who don't normally care about who our CD is, but after having Richard Spacey on Freedom a few years ago, I totally changed my mind! He was an absolute riot! I hope he is still onboard Oasis when we sail in July!
I've been hearing about him for a while now, and am hoping he'll be there this summer, too. Most of our sailings, the cd isn't necessarily memorable. But we have one favorite who has worked 2 of our ships. We'd love to have him again. I'm hearing that Richard is every bit that good, too.

Just got off the Oasis (2/20 sailing) and Richard was sooo hilarious!!!

I'm alittle concerned now because I'm booked for the Allure for Jan 2, 2011 and I really want Richard as our CD. Does anyone know if there is a rhyme or reason to his coming on as CD for new ships? I heard Ken Rush is usually CD for new ships, but for how long? I'm concidering changing my 1/2/11 sailing to a later date so that Richard is our CD. Crazy, huh?

Just got off the Oasis (2/20 sailing) and Richard was sooo hilarious!!!

I'm alittle concerned now because I'm booked for the Allure for Jan 2, 2011 and I really want Richard as our CD. Does anyone know if there is a rhyme or reason to his coming on as CD for new ships? I heard Ken Rush is usually CD for new ships, but for how long? I'm concidering changing my 1/2/11 sailing to a later date so that Richard is our CD. Crazy, huh?

I don't think you can count on any preset schedule with Richard Spacey. Ken Rush does seem to bring out all the new ships, but then he hands them off to different CD's (not always Richard, it seems).

While it is NOT crazy to want to book another cruise with Richard Spacey as CD (I think he is worth it too). It is very risky to do so. Even if it was projected that Richard would be the CD on your next cruise at the time you booked it....there is just no way to know for sure that he would in fact be there by the time you actually sailed. Things change, people move, CD's come and go. As much as I love, love, love Richard Spacey. I would not make my travel plans based predominantly on the chances of him being there. But, if your travel plans are flexible anyway, and you do find out that Richard is projected to be there at a particular time and you are willing to accept the risk that in the end he may NOT be there...then, by all means, go for it! :D

Archived