Visa Credit Rewards question

This is going to be the second time we have cashed in points. We are going to cash in 125,000 points. The first time we did it was 2 years ago. We are eligible for a 5 to 7 night Caribbean cruise for 2 in an ocean view cabin or a companion fare on a 9 to 12 night cruise.

The first time we did it they gave us an amount up to $ 1,250.00 / person. With that we were able to book a 12 night cruise at no additional charge because the cruise was with in the per person amount.

I know some rules have changed over the past year and was wondering if you can still do that? When we booked the cruise the first time, the rewards were the same. ( the companion fare reward was even available )

I am going to call RCCL but just wanted to see if anyone has done this recently.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi, yes we are going in April on our cruise bought with visa points. This is the third time we have cashed ours in and yes the rules have changed abit. We also cashed in 125,000 plus 10,000 for OBC. You have to go by the price of the cheapest oceanview cabin, which for us was $749 pp, so we upgraded to a balcony D2 cabin for $119 pp more. They allowed $1498 off our cruise. I have noticed that sometimes you can find a balcony for the same or less than the lowest priced oceanview cabin, so next time I might wait for that to come up or look for a less price difference between suite and oceanview. Hope that helps.

Hi, yes we are going in April on our cruise bought with visa points. This is the third time we have cashed ours in and yes the rules have changed abit. We also cashed in 125,000 plus 10,000 for OBC. You have to go by the price of the cheapest oceanview cabin, which for us was $749 pp, so we upgraded to a balcony D2 cabin for $119 pp more. They allowed $1498 off our cruise. I have noticed that sometimes you can find a balcony for the same or less than the lowest priced oceanview cabin, so next time I might wait for that to come up or look for a less price difference between suite and oceanview. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your answer. Can you upgrade to a 10 night cruise and pay the difference?

Archived