New to disney room question

etc1etc1etc1

My family and I would like to book a disney cruise. My wife and I are experienced cruisers on celenbrity but have never taken the whole family. My will be 4 and 6 when we go. I can't find much info on the different room options on the disney sight. I am currently looking at a basic verandah stateroom that says it sleeps 3-4. My question is it appears you have a queen bed and I am assuming the sofa pulls out for both kids to share. I also looked at the diagram for the family verandah cabin and other than being slightly bigger and 2K more expensive it doesn't appear to offer much. Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.

My family and I would like to book a disney cruise. My wife and I are experienced cruisers on celenbrity but have never taken the whole family. My will be 4 and 6 when we go. I can't find much info on the different room options on the disney sight. I am currently looking at a basic verandah stateroom that says it sleeps 3-4. My question is it appears you have a queen bed and I am assuming the sofa pulls out for both kids to share. I also looked at the diagram for the family verandah cabin and other than being slightly bigger and 2K more expensive it doesn't appear to offer much. Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.

Assuming we are talking about the Wonder and Magic...The family verandah is 304 sq ft, and has a queen sized bed, a twin sofa bed, and a pull down twin. All are on deck 8. The regular verandah is as the prev. poster stated. If the cabin is only designed for 3 it will not have a pull down.

The family verandah is 304 sq ft

Worthy of noting is that this includes the verandah, and is not the cabin itself. If I remember correctly, the verandah is about 50 sq. ft. and the stateroom 254 or so. On the Magic and Wonder the difference between the cat 5 and 6 staterooms (regular verandah) and the cat 4 family verandah staterooms is about 3 extra feet of space on the verandah side that has a small chair for extra seating and a pull down bed that comes out of the wall for a 5th person. It's nice to have the extra space, but I would not pay $2,000 for it. Our family of four has done both, starting when our kids were 8 and 4 and the regular verandah stateroom was plenty of room. Even now when they are 15 and 11 we fit without issue. Things are well set up and the split bathroom with two sink areas helps a lot!

My kids will be 4 & 8 when we take our Disney Dream cruise next summer. We looked at the rates and found that it was only going to cost us an extra $20 per kid to have them in an inside cabin directly across from us. Of course they'll both sleep in the cabin with me, while dh bunks down across the hall. But the extra space and bathroom are worth the extra $40 bucks.

Check your rates again, and understand. Catagories prices are based on two adult fares, per room. One adult and one child per room equals two adult fares. A catagory 10 actually sleeps 2 adults and two children fine. Metrowon

To have 2 kids in my Cat 5b cabin was only $20pp less than booking a 2nd Cat 11a cabin. If Disney is going to be that silly about it then I'm going to take the extra cabin.

I did something similar last year on Princess and wound up with a sweet(mini-suite)upgrade as well as a significant onboard credit. Maybe the upgrade fairy will stike again. If not, at least we've got an extra bathroom.

We were in a Cat. 5. verandah cabin on Deck 8. The sofa converts to a single, and there is a pull down bunk that the cabin steward unlocks and it swings down from the overhead (ceiling). There is a ladder that attaches to give access. I really don't know how four would do without the extra bunk. Our granddaughter wanted to use the bunk bed at first, but she found it to be fairly hard (mattress on a hard surface), so she went to the sofa bed.

There is a lot of closet and storage space -- I was surprised at the amount. We literally had every single thing unpacked, and there was room for more after three full-sized suitcases were unloaded.

As noted, the double bathroom is a big help when there are more than just two of you.

Archived