Pride of America POA honeymoon cabin question

Hdog76

I have spent a small amount of time browsing the boards, and am slightly overwhelmed. Maybe because this trip is so important! We are planning a wedding/honeymoon in hawaii. We plan to arrive in Honolulu on a thursday, stay 2 nights (private wedding on beach)...and board POA on saturday August 21, 2010. I am CLUELESS about this cruise line as well as ships layout. I am used to carnival, and seem to be lost! We cannot jsutify spending 6000+ on a suite, so I want (have no choice) a balcony. I have heard the forward balconies (BE) have larger balconies. But are the cabins smaller? I really want the best of the balconies, since its our honeymoon. I also have heard SO MANY conflicting ideas on port or starboard side. We spent A LOT of time on the balcony.......so views are a bonus! If anyone has any ideas/thoughts/tips Id GREATLY appreciate it.

Cabins are the same size (think of cookie cutters). The BE's on the front do have larger balconies. If you look at a picture of the ship, those cabins are the ones directly above the "Pride of America" signage on the side of the ship. The obvious other most desired balconies (read bigger) are on the aft of the ship (probably all sold out). MOST people spend very little time on the ship and/or balcony for this cruise since they're off every day visiting the islands. In your case, you may not even WANT to leave this ship :D. If you wish, email me (user name at hotmail) and I can advise a contact at NCL that might can help you.

p.s. - CONGRATS!

We went on our Honeymoon on the POA in march. If I were you i would book an Aft facing balcony. We were in an Aft Facing Balcony on deck 10 until 24hrs before our cruise. We were boarding the plane when we got a call to upsell to an AB suite for 550 total. We took it and man was it amazing. But if you're going for a balcony.....get an Aft facing for sure. Bigger balconies and views to both sides of the ship. Whatever you choose you will love it.....wish i were doing it again!

After speaking with NCL, I just put a deposit on cabin 8708, which is smack in the middle of the aft cabins.......hope I did good! There were only 2 cabins left....i nabbed one. I JUST missed the 1/2 price deposit by ONE day!

Excellent Choice Sir! Those are the biggest and best of the regular balcony categories.....ours was right in the middle as well before our upsell. I would recommend that you check the website for price changes often, if not daily. I saved a bunch of money by doing so. Don't sweat the 1/2 price deposit. Either way you have to pay that money. Just remember that your final payment will be less!

Archived